Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Coil shock on Pace RC405 (or other DW-link style bikes…)
  • retro83
    Free Member

Anybody tried this?

I've got an RC405 with the RockShox Monarch shock, was thinking of putting a Fox Van R or similar on it.

I heard the rate is unsuitable for coil shocks on this style of linkage (I think it falls quite a bit at the end of the stroke?)

Problem with the current shock is that it seems to have far too much low speed compression damping – so traction is pretty crap and the ride is inconsistent. You get clattered about like you're on a hard tail until you whack a big rock, then it squidges and you're not expecting it!

brant
    Free Member

Certainly DW bikes have a falling rate end of stroke. But I don't know what the Pace does. Linkagey bikes can be quite different, even with similar looking systems.

LAT

I put a Fox RP2 on mine to replace the DT shock – mainly because the DT had ware on the shaft and CRC were doing the RP2s for a price close to that of a shock service. I didn't have problems with traction, but did find the action a bit squidgy. The ride is now generally more pert. I still get full travel but the action feels more controlled.

retro83
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, much appreciated. looking like a better air shock is the way forward then.

Rickos
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB got a Push'd Fox Vanilla shock from TF Tuned for his DW Link 5 Spot. He loves it, so may be worth speaking to TF if you like the idea of a coil rather than air and see what they reckon for the Pace.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Coil shock on Pace RC405 (or other DW-link style bikes…)’ is closed to new replies.