Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Coil shock on an Enduro
  • hora
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

Ok shock now on. On one stuttering rocky descent I couldn’t feel the rear at all. Fantastic :mrgreen:

grum
    Free Member

My main reason for changing to coil was Morzine, the RP2 was totally overwhelmed by the long decents and actually started feel like the AFR at the end of long runs (The shock got warm having the effect of increasing the air pressure).

Yeah in Alpe D’Huez my RP2 started to feel awful part way down a long descent. I currently have a DHX5 on my Pitch and it feels great. Tempted by a Ti spring to soften the weight penalty though, and it does feel a bit overkill for some riding.

hora
    Free Member

Let me know where you find any good deals on ti springs

skywalker
    Free Member

Can’t fault my 2012 RP23 in the slightest, best shock I have used by far taking in to consideration weight and tuning ability.

amphibian
    Free Member

How was the uphill side of things Hora?

hora
    Free Member

Noticeably bobby (650 spring) and it seemed to suck some of the momentum out of the climb. I swapped bikes with Pook and he said ‘like treacle’.

amphibian
    Free Member

Oh, wondered if that might be the case. Why does there always have to be a catch?

mrplow
    Free Member

I swap between my air shock and my coil on my enduro depending on the type of riding and what I am in the mood for. The coil does not like honking up hills but is fine sitting and spinning. It soaks up a lot more on the way down with very good big bump and stutter control. The air shock is better for pedalling and efficiently pumping the trail etc.

Usually choose air shock for trail centres and coil for uplift days. Depends what I feel like. For a week in the Alps I will be running the coil.

skywalker
    Free Member

Trust me, 2012 RP23 is the way forward.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Coil shock on an Enduro’ is closed to new replies.