Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Coed-y-Brenin – What's good?
  • vinnyeh

There’s a possibility that I’ll be able to drop into CYB for a few (4?) hours next week, but haven’t been since the 90’s- what trail(s) will give me the best use of my time?

Probably be on a rigid single speed, albeit 29+, not out to kill myself, will have spent the previous couple of days riding . 😕

onewheelgood

If I’m pushed for time I usually do 2 laps of Cyflyn Coch. But if you’ve got 4 hours you’ve got time to do the Beast. Just depends on your appetite for pain.

rascal
    Free Member

Went for first time in a few years this weekend.
    Wanted best smiles-per-miles ratio – did this:
    It’s all signposted so nav not a problem. Start on MBR trail from trail centre..left up the road – rocky techy section called Cain followed by flowing, bermy, jumpy Adam & Eve, then Serpent’s Tail then the brilliant Abel…then a bastard climb then the brilliant False Teeth. Resist the urge to do the next down and instead follow fire road climb for quite a while (1 mile or so) til you hit a minor road – the house/cafe is just here. Refuel before heading up a hideously steep and long road climb and follow fireroad til you reach the top of Gomez. This is followed by Morticia, Pugsley, Pugsley’s Bottom, Lurch and the Uncle Fester – an absolutely superb series of descents that will leave you grinning like a loon. Not sure if this is still MBR at that point…could be Beast or Dragon’s Back. Pink Hiefer descent is a bit pedally – cross river on footbridge….at this point you can take another loop out away from trail centre or you can follow signs back to TC…if you do this you can pick up the first road again that takes you to the top of Beginning of the End which is a nice descent that takes you straight back to the car park. About 15 miles but a lot of bang for your buck…did more or less the same ride Sat & Sun.

HTH

qtip

My choice with 4 hours would be MBR followed by Tarw Du, then Temptiwr if time permits.

martinhutch

I think the Beast is worth doing, particularly if you knock off the very top loop by carrying on up the road towards the top of the Addam’s Family descents.

4 hours should be enough, although it’s got plenty of climbing still.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Pretty much all of me 🙂

backinireland
    Free Member

Oldies the beast cover it all?
    Got a few hours early tomorrow morning hoping to get as much in as possible?
    Only ever done the minor taur with son

mrhoppy

The off piste, is pretty awesome.

backinireland
    Free Member

That should be does the beast cover it all?
    I’m sure off piste is great. I lived near Peebles for 10 years could have told you where to go
    One chance tomorrow to get round c y b just making sure I get interesting bits
    How long for the beast?
    Never trust the recommended times

beiciwr64
    Free Member

How long for the beast?

Around 36 km
    Or if you do 3 of them it’s 104 km 😯
    https://www.strava.com/activities/631122695

mindmap3
    Free Member

The Beast is brilliant, especially if you cut out the loop to the Adams family descents by carrying on up the road. I’m not that fit and can do it in under four hours. There are some ace sections on it.

I’ve not ridden the other trails so can’t comment on them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Coed-y-Brenin – What's good?’ is closed to new replies.