Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Coed-y-Brenin or Cli-machx? (help me decide)?
  • hora
    Free Member

Got a few hours free on Saturday (staying local).

Which one to ride though?

theflatboy
    Free Member

i really enjoyed climachx but it feels a lot like a very long, repetitive climb leading up to the admittedly amazing descent at the end.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

bit of a difference in those 2.

Cli-machx descent is great fun and you can take the short cut come down the north shore bit and do it twice.

Plus probably be quieter 😉

woody2000

c-y-b for me. Climachx – the descent didn't make up for the rest of it IMO

valleydaddy
    Free Member

theflatboy – there are loads of shortcuts where you can miss out some of the singletrack and ultimatley the climmmbs to get to the best bit quicker 😉

hora
    Free Member

Ps. What CYB route then? (I dont fancy burning my legs out)- need them for riding the next day.

theflatboy
    Free Member

yeah i had heard that – i've only been once so wanted to do the whole trail, but that would be tempting if i return.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i'd go and do tarw, i really like that route.

Doug
    Free Member

Pont Scethin.

hora
    Free Member

Tarw it is then.

Mike
    Free Member

Went to CYB for the first time a couple of weeks back, can't say I'll be rushing back 🙁 Not ridden anywhere else in Wales to compare it to though!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Heck of a lot of fire road and double track on the Tarw, Kinda spoils it for me

johni
    Free Member

Our group found CYB fairly tame. We did all the routes and although the riding was OK, it wasn't anything special. That said it was probably the wettest weekend I've ever known with torrential rain non-stop all weekend!

hora
    Free Member

Heck of a lot of fire road and double track on the Tarw, Kinda spoils it for me

Ah **** right off then!

Tiger6791

Take a foil survival blanket

daveb
    Free Member

Cli-Machx for me, easy to do the good bits a second time

MRanger156
    Free Member

Cli-Machx. Great little place.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

CyB, The Beast taking the road short cut after the forest cafe.

Maximises the fun and minimises the fire road.

loddrik
    Free Member

Get over to nant yr Arian. Not a million miles away from the climax and not too busy. One of my favorite trail centres. I am surprised it is not mentioned a little more on here…

maxray
    Free Member

Is nant yr arain still local enough? Its about the same way from Macynthlyth the other way to CyB I think.

I really enjoyed the trails there, especially the one with the mark of zorro section on it. 🙂

maxray
    Free Member
    singlespeedstu

maxray.

All those gears and suspension appear to be slowing your mate down. 😉

sambob
    Free Member

I really liked MBR at CyB, the "beggining of the end" descent is fantastic 😀 might be there on saturday actually.

JustGoRide
    Free Member

Dragons Back at CyB every time, Uncle Fester remains one of my favourite sections of trail!

http://www.justgoride.co.uk/Content/Routes/Viewer.aspx?id=258

ClimachX is OK, I'd rather just go and session the final descent if I went back.

grievoustim
    Free Member

climax only takes an hour or so – missing bits out seems a bit of a waste

the earlier bits are fun too if you go as fast as you can – and the climb really isn;t that bad – only takes a few minutes really

maxray
    Free Member

singlespeedstu, that vid is not by me, found on Google 😀

loddrik
    Free Member

This has really whetted my appetite now for a camping trip to take in Mach 3, climax and summit trail…

nickegg
    Free Member

Just got back from an unplanned trip to North Wales. Did Pont Scethin yesterday afternoon and MBR with additions this morning. The revised Falseteeth section was great fun (have no idea what the old section was like though) and the 'Cavity' was a hoot!

I added a few sections of Dragons Back into the route to make it abit more interesting.

singlespeedstu

that vid is not by me, found on Google

Or so you say. 😆 😉

nick.

What route did you follow for the Pont Scethin ride?

nickegg
    Free Member

Parked here….

Stu: I was just getting a Streetmap link for you. I rode clockwise from the car which is probably the best way round as the first few switchbacks on the first climb make for a fun end to the ride. Plus the first few km's after that have a nice flow to them which you wouldn't get going anti-clockwise.

iolo
    Free Member

Ride the MBR at cyb.
    The new sections are fantastic.

Doug
    Free Member

What route did you follow for the Pont Scethin ride?

You can add another couple of quality descents to Pont Scethin by parking near Bontddu on the Mawddach Estuary and doing this version of the Pont Scethin loop. The main loop can be done in either direction, I preer clockwise on the HT but the other way round on the bouncer. For a big day on the bike link it in with a Mawddach Estuary loop.

iolo
    Free Member

Pont Scethin will be terrible following this heavy rain.
    I'd keep away until it dries.

nickegg
    Free Member

It was fine yesterday, the only wet bit was down to the bridge after turning off (by the standing stones) the double track. Bloody MX'ers have churned several bits up nicely too 👿

iolo
    Free Member

The rain today has been torrential all day.
    And they're promising it tomorrow.
    It might be ok but I personally wouldn't bother after such rain.

nickegg
    Free Member

I got away with a dry and, at times, sunny ride around MBR this morning. Slashed it down as i left though.

hora
    Free Member

It came here an hour ago- in one big block (thunder) and left 20mins later. Wierd.

sambob
    Free Member

What time you gonna be there on saturday hora?

loddrik
    Free Member

What are the new sections on the MBR?

devs
    Free Member

Beast. Easy under 3 hours. Climachx is just an aperitif for the main course such as beast or Mach3.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Coed-y-Brenin or Cli-machx? (help me decide)?’ is closed to new replies.