Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Coed-y-Brenin Campsites
  • Neil-S
    Free Member

Hi,

A few months ago I read a thread on this site where somebody had posted a link to a campsite near Coed-y-Brenin.

The site in question had some more ‘wild’ camping area with nice views and so on. If memory serves, the owners *may* have allowed fires in this area.

I’ve used the search function, no joy.

Can anyone assist? 🙂

Cheers!

Neil.

nickjb
    Free Member

We camped at a campsite just east of Dolgellau, just North of the A470. It was pretty basic but it did have nice views and some of the people camped right at the far end had a big fire going. Might be the one

Neil-S
    Free Member

Is that Dolgun Uchaf? I’ve stayed there before, it’s good but it’s not the one I remember seeing on here. Cheers though 🙂

pitcherpro
    Free Member

<http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=1131&gt;

It’s really nice and friendly .. 😮

Stu

Hafod Dywyll is the one your after. Its here and a few more details here. Great site but basic (and cheap!)

Neil-S
    Free Member

I’m not sure that’s the one Stu, I’m sure there was a dedicated website for it as I can remember seeing a picture or two…

Sounds like the kind of thing we’re interested in though 🙂

willej

Cae Gwyn Farm?

Great “natural” site, marvelous views and just over the road from CyB.

al2000

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=1131

Dolgamedd? Couple of miles outside Dolgellau, run by very nice people, good facilities, allow camp fires by the river and provide free firewood. Stayed there many times – highly recommended.

takisawa2

Torrent Walk is a nice little site nr Dolgellau.
    Is well set up for biking with an old shipping container for secure bike storage, superb showers & bike-wash.
    Not sure if they allow fires, but we had a disposable bbq set on a few bricks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Coed-y-Brenin Campsites’ is closed to new replies.