Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Coed Trallwm & Elan Valley anyone ridden here how is it
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden these trails seems to be three a blue , red and black of around 5k each, Thanks

midwales
    Free Member

Coed Trallwm is pretty much unridable due to forestry works. is not worth the effort in going there. the rest of the area is still good. we are riding in crychan forest (south of trallwm) on sunday 10am.

elan valley is still riding well if a little wet.

singlespeedstu

Elan valley is rubbish.

Stay away.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Thanks peeps I was going to take the wife with the trails being short , but if its that bad I won’t bother til its sorted.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Make me a cuppa and I’ll tell you all about it Mr M.

rOcKeTdOg

trallwn (a while ago though)

DSCF0026 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

singlespeedstu

Elan valley’s still shite though.

There’s no good riding whatsoever.

There’s not even any marker posts to show you wich way the groomed saftey assessed trails are. It realy is that shite.

Rorschach
    Free Member

He /\ speaketh the troof.

hugor
    Free Member

I was there 2 weeks ago. Red is closed and Blue has diversions.
    Black is a bogfest after they let 500 trail bikes through for an event.
    Not sure what they thought this would acheive.
    There’s forestry work going on as well. Its best avoided for 6 months at least.
    Its far from good fun.
    There’s lots of good epic rides in the area though.

snowpaul
    Free Member

haha,

have a look at cwm rhayader for trails – the riding is epic and superb down there if you can read a map – if you want some trail advice email me – plenty of nice trails round rhayader

paul

snowpaul at homail co uk

singlespeedstu

Black is a bogfest after they let 500 trail bikes through for an event.
    Not sure what they thought this would acheive.

You might find this a bit hard to swollow but there have been real Enduros going on in this area from before you were born.
    I see no reason for them to stop now.
    You might even find that most of the “natural” trails you like to ride were originaly created by the bikes you’re moaning about.

hugor
    Free Member

I guess when I go to to a trail centre I expect nice trails not bog trotting.
    Perhaps the mountain bike trail centre shouldn’t be advertised as such if its a shite bog only suitable for motorcycle trail bikes.

Ambrose

Calm down boys.

Coed Trallwm is a private commercial enterprise. If the owner of the forest wishes to allow any kind of vehicles onto his land it is his choice. If they screw up his trails that to is up to him. I was interested to see that the Real Ale Wobble did not visit Coed Trallwm in 2011, a break from the norm.

I used to like Coed Trallwm a lot. Local-ish for me, nothing too taxing to ride there, always good to put into bigger loops, and a great little cafe to boot. Sadly all semingly going to rack and ruin nowadays for MTB’s nowadays. A shame really, but I hope that the place remains a sucess for the owner. Heaven knows we need small businesses in places like Mid Wales, there is precious little else going on.

beefheart
    Free Member

I would not dismiss this area- there are some fierce trails!

Ambrose

I agree, there is some wonderful riding to be had thereabouts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Coed Trallwm & Elan Valley anyone ridden here how is it’ is closed to new replies.