Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Codeine 29er (xo1 build) or a Jeffsy AL1??
  • thepodge
    Free Member

paulneenan76 – I’d put the Anthem in that pot with the Spesh. The new iteration is a lot more slack and more trail orintated now.

Its also a lot less 29er than it used to be

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Ha ha that’s a good point well made!

andy88
    Free Member

+1 for the vitus escarpe 29er from crc, I built up a frame in march to replace my cube stereo 29er. Its a good couple of pounds heavier than the cube but it rides light and just feels right.

katoomer
    Free Member

I will check out the giant, I had ruled them out as back in my DH days Giants were the first frames to crack which has put me off.

My mate recently cracked a trek slash and they would not cover it under warranty, apparently he had routed his cables wrongly…

frood
    Free Member

Honourable George, fast forward is brilliant but deserves a better fork than the xfusion currently on it! Also a much stiffer rear triangle than the fireline it replaces so will be putting on a bigger volume back tyre

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Cove “vastly overpriced”? It’s £650 with a Fox Kashima shock. A mainstream brand would cost twice that price at least. Am I missing something?

chakaping
    Free Member

My mate recently cracked a trek slash and they would not cover it under warranty, apparently he had routed his cables wrongly…

Hmmm, I had Trek weasel out of warrantying frame a few years ago too in what sounds similar circumstances.

Disappointing as people were bigging them up for customer support before that.

fizik
    Free Member

Codeine is hardly flexy, they replaced my cracked one very quickly so can hardly say their after sales support is crap. Still, haters gonna hate

thepodge
    Free Member

Trailrider Jim – Cove “vastly overpriced”? It’s £650 with a Fox Kashima shock. A mainstream brand would cost twice that price at least. Am I missing something?

Yes, the rest of my post. It’s a catalogue frame that others were putting out for less than the Cove sale price.

It’s a nice frame but being green and only available from crc does not make it £100+ more expensive and especially not £1000+ more expensive.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

katoomer – Member
    Personal I think the nukeproofs are too heavy and over priced..

Have you ridden the Mega 290? It is pretty damn awesome! Too bad the builds are specced with shit wheels. Even then I was probably going to get it until I managed to pick up a 2016 BMC Trailfox XX1 for £3500 instead.

honourablegeorge

chakaping – Member

Hmmm, I had Trek weasel out of warrantying frame a few years ago too in what sounds similar circumstances.

Disappointing as people were bigging them up for customer support before that.

Aye, surprised by that – a lot of broken Treks amongst my group (enough that I’d never consider buying one) but all were dealt with very quickly, and almost always replaced by next model up

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Codeine 29er (xo1 build) or a Jeffsy AL1??’ is closed to new replies.