Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • CO2 inflators – any reliable recommendations?
  • ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Had a couple of dodgy ones-Topeak One Shot-which haven't lasted the distance. Anybody had good, long term, reliable service and can recommend? Smaller the better and presta valve.

wwaswas

My SKS one seems to have held up and has a plastic cover for the cyclinder to stop hand freeze.

uplink
    Free Member

Got a couple of Tru-flo ones that work well

don't go anywhere near Weldtite

Limy
    Free Member

BBB Airspray one is good and comes with 2 cartridges. As above mine is always in camelback.

vinnyeh

what teetoosugars says, down to the box of 30, and 'it's all I carry nowadays'.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i use a truflo on – have had 2 of them now – last one only got replaced because i lost it !

flatfish
    Free Member

16 grams cartridges are goo for 26" wheels but whats good for a 29er, my tyres are a bugger to seat in the rim so i generally have to over inflate first then let so out to the right pressure. would the 25g versions good for this?

turnercraig
    Free Member

I'm in the market for one of these aswell actually.

The One above looks ideal.

To what psi roughly would a 16g cartridge pump a tyre up to?

tron
    Free Member

The zefal type adaptors are fine, tiny and weigh naff all. Best of all, they cost a couple of quid. You screw the adaptor onto the valve, then screw a CO2 cartridge onto the adaptor. As you wind it in, it pierces the cartridge and dumps the entire contents into the tyre.

Apparently a 16G cartridge will pump a 2.1 up to 40 psi…

OmarLittle
    Free Member

i use the innovations air chuck one. Its tiny and works pretty well

radoggair
    Free Member

innovations proflate here, and get 10 cartridges of fleabay for £7

Picto
    Free Member

I bought a Giant one as cheapest in the LBS when I needed one quickly. Used with 16gm threaded cylinders from tyre inflators above.

It has seated my 29er tyres no problem, though I have then over inflated them with a track pump to help with the sealing.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

turnercraig – Member
    I'm in the market for one of these aswell actually.
    The One above looks ideal.
    To what psi roughly would a 16g cartridge pump a tyre up to?

About 40psi for an MTB Tyre… And over 100psi on a Road tyre..

glenncampbell

+1 for genuine innovations – top stuff.

crispybacon
    Free Member

I've got 2 x Innovation Second Wind mini pumps & they have been fantastic with no problems.

They are small enough to fit into a saddle bag or back pocket. I get the 30 cartridges from Tyreinflators & jobs a good un 🙂

turnercraig
    Free Member

crispy bacon – How good is the actual pump itself? And do they take just normal 16g threaded cartridges?

crispybacon
    Free Member

turnercraig – the pump is OK but being a mini pump it takes f*kin ages to get the tyre up to anything like a reasonable pressure – unless you have very strong wrists 😉

I tend to use the pump to just inflate the inner so I can put it & the tyre on, then I use the CO2 to fully inflate it in half a nano second. You won't want to go back once you've used CO2 🙂

The pump does both presta & schrader valves & it takes the normal threaded 16g carts i.e. not the non-threaded ones.

HTH

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Tanks evrybuddy.
    Gone with Genuine Innovations as per posting above.
    Ordered at 2.30pm-arrived 8.30am!
    Will hopefully not be tested on Dyfi.

oldgit
    Free Member

Good choice, been using mine for years now and it's never failed.

turnercraig
    Free Member

ginsterdz – That's funny I want mine for the Dyfi aswell!!

Which one did you go for in the end? I was thinking of going for the second wind pump.

Do they charge postage?

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Went for Ultraflate+ and 10 cartridges-£21 with delivery. I always carry a top up pump just in case.

jordie
    Free Member

+1 for genuine innovations
    here too

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘CO2 inflators – any reliable recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.