Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • CO2 inflator with pump built in – anyone use them?
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

Currently swapping my MTB pump from bike to bike at the moment and fancy a new one for my road/hybrid bike.

Never used CO2 inflators and thought can you really rely on them…. so fancy the pump backup option, anyone recommend one… that or just a straight forward roadie pump!?!

Cheers

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

The ones i’ve seen do not have very good pumps in them . I would take a pump unless you really need every second to count . Co2 is also an expensive way to inflate a tyre , or not as the case often seems to be .

br
    Free Member

Too much to go wrong IMO, and co2 inflators are light/cheap.

I just carry a very small pump, an inflator and a couple of cartridges.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Pretty much what I thought, hence wanting a backup – I am only a social rider so can take half hour to pump up a tyre no issues…. any recommendations on a pump then?

turbo1397
    Free Member
    gee
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the Lezyne ones that has a separate hose, like a mini track pump. The hose doubles as a CO2 chuck once you’ve removed it from the pump. It’s brilliant.

brassneck

Or if you don’t mind taking a bit longer, any of the larger Blackburn pumps – not the quickest but mine have worked without fail every time, despite a complete lack of care. Have two or three now on various grab’n’go kits.

I’ll second just getting a dedicated CO2 if you want one (got a Leyzyne one for my birthday, it’s very shiney!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘CO2 inflator with pump built in – anyone use them?’ is closed to new replies.