Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • CO2 cannisters on a plane
  • cycleworlduk
    Free Member

is this safe/allowed? im going on friday and was going to take a bundle with me….

allthegear
    Free Member

yes it’s safe. No, it’s not allowed.

Rachel

coffeeking
    Free Member

Hold luggage? I’ve taken deoderants loads of times?

soma_rich
    Free Member

It at the operators discretion if you tell them you have them in your hold luggage.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

ok…i kinda wondered how they got here…but i guess on a big boat

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Safe – probably*

Allowed – no

*are you absolutely, 100% sure, completely certain that the cylinders are completely undamaged? When they burst they go with one heck of a bang.

wellhung
    Free Member

It at the operators discretion if you tell them you have them in your hold luggage.

Mine were removed from baggage by airport security (Lanzarote), so maybe not down to individual airline.

Mintman
    Free Member

According to the list of dangerous and non-permitted items from the Bristol Airport website, Compressed Gas Cylinders are included so i’d suggest that’s a “no”.

woody2000

Enough is ENOUGH! I have had it with these motherfunkin’ CO2 canisters on this motherfunkin’ plane! Everybody strap in! I’m about to open some funkin’ windows.

😀

Gooner
    Free Member

i flew with easyjet a couplke of weeks ago and the x-ray machine picked them up in my bike bag. I was told that i could take a maximum of 2 canisters but as there was two of us travelling and my mate didn’t have any they allowed me to take 4

mk1fan
    Free Member

They were removing them from bags at Gatwick a couple of weeks ago.

phil56

I checked this when flying with Easyjet – they are allowed in hand baggage, but the maximum number is a bit confusing to the check in security staff – there are no sizes in their rule book, so the maximum tends to relate to diving tanks!
    On the way out I took 5 or 6 and had no problem. On the way back from Geneva I did have a problem – initially they didn’t want to allow any, after much faffing about they first said 1, then 2 each. As there was two of us and I had 4 we just split them between us.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Easier just to take a proper pump, but worth a go – they’re cheap enough to lose surely.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Canadian Affair / Thomas Cook don’t allow them, I had to remove mine.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘CO2 cannisters on a plane’ is closed to new replies.