Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • CNOC 16"? The right size?
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’ve read a couple of threads with if in doubt, go smaller, but my son’s inside leg is 41, height 104cm and he was 4 in March. He’s excellent on his balance bike but he’s outgrown it.

According to the CNOC site, he should be on a 14″ large but he’s 1cm away from 16″. Worth holding on / buying it but waiting? Surely it won’t take long for a 1cm increase? Will it?

Thanks

wilko1999
    Free Member

Seems daft to get the 14″ if he’s that close to the 16″. My son is 37cm inside leg and we’ve just got him the 14 large. its a bit big according to the size guide but in fact it’s about right for him – he can touch the ground with the saddle right down, albeit on tip toes.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

get the 16. It rolls much better.

[this is not some veiled 29er comment, it really is true]

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Thanks both.

It did seem like a bad idea to get the 16″ but most people say, if in doubt, go down.

tomlevell

When our 16 came free the younger one moved onto it from the 14 and was riding far better on it. 8 months later demonstrated he could ride a 20 and use the gears so had to get another one of those…
    /cough/blueoneforsale/cough/

tomlevell

Oh and also buy it and have it for him to use. He may not want to as the Balance Bike is ace and fast. It’ll come though.
    Alternatively he may never touch the Balance Bike again.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Tom what’s for sale?

14, 16 or 20?

makecoldplayhistory AT gmail.com

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

My boy went from a balance bike to a CNOC 14 when he was 3.

It was a little big for him initially (Like, for a week) but over a year on he rides it very well.
    He has a friend with a CNOC 16 and he would be more than happy on that by now and as above, the bigger wheels will roll better.
    I am not prepared to buy him a new bike every year but the CNoc 16 would be a better fit for him now. He is not a big 4 year old at all, still in 3 – 4 clothes.

Lucas
    Free Member

Both ours went from the balance bike to a cnoc 16, both when they were just over 3 (both quite tall for their age). It was a little big for a couple of months but that didn’t stop them, and they could just touch the floor. If he’s like mine, get the bigger one, they grow dead fast and theres a lot of difference in speed and ease of peddling between the 14 and 16

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I saw another, older CNOC 14 a couple of weeks ago. I had one to repair and service as it was a new to another friends lad.

I did notice it was quite a bit heavier than my boys, which was bought new just over a year ago. It appears that there has been quite a bit of weight saving been done in recent years on these.

tomlevell

Blue 16.
    The version before they put the chainguard on.
    Some scratches and paint damage to the headtube where a trailgator was used.

tomlevell

Yes our older 14 which was bought for nephew, prior to ours using it, was a reasonable amount heavier than the 16 bought 2 years or so later.

jkomo

My friend is selling a 16, he’s near Banbury if you want to try. Purple.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Thanks all and thanks for the info re. weight saving. I see it a big issue so I’ll make sure to get the lighter one.

There seem to be lots of purple CNOCs. His current bike’s green and he loves the fact it matches my Norco. A purple one would match my Alpine but wifey’s not keen on the colour. We’ll see.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘CNOC 16"? The right size?’ is closed to new replies.