Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Show me your WW steel HT
  • adsh
    Free Member

Ill, can’t train, moving house, depressed – decided it was time for some therapeutic bike fettling. The MCR lost 2 chain rings and 20mm stem length, gained 70mm bar width and some bouncy forks. Liked the result so got a bit WW on saddle, pedals and cassette to get just sub 23lb.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Enkvqu]MCR9[/url]

For some reason I find building reasonably light steel bikes immensely satisfying. Frame, forks and cranks bought here on classifieds Now back to packing boxes.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nothing to show here, but I do like that.

ben98
    Free Member

I had my surly KM at just sub 23lbs as a rigid single speed before I put gears on it, I was pretty pleased especially as it was built for bikepacking so durability came over lightness. I do understand your point on it being satisfying, taking a 2.5kg frame and making it lighter than a large swathe of even carbon bikes is great!

nedrapier

Nice colour, adsh! 8)

Old Dekerf lost blue paint, gained green;
    lost canti mounts, gained a disc brace and mount;
    lost 23 gears;
    lost Rebas, gained cromotos
    carbon bars, Crests revs, Ashima rotors and A2Z w ti skewers (now swapped for skewers that work)

Now got an alternative front – 3.0 Knard on Hugo.

everyone
    Free Member

Don’t have any decent pictures yet but I’m working on getting my Ritchey below 10kg.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@ned – now THAT’s a bike stand 😀

mick_r

Wonder is Record do Ti handles and bolts for weight weenie vice owners?

Vice stand for bike photos – pure genius 🙂

everyone
    Free Member

Finally have a pic of the Ritchey in the daylight! Currently at 10.4kg on my luggage scales, next step is to get a carbon seatpost and probably a set of the mt zoom bars.

Not sure where to go after that while still keeping it vaguely sensible!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FuAaMy]12377569_10153427460855978_6057837097411568320_o[/url] by Nathan Peel, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

I like that Lefty Ritchey.

matt_outandabout

I like that Lefty Ritchey.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Show me your WW steel HT’ is closed to new replies.