Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Climbing traction… Dhr2 or Hr2?
  • honourablegeorge

For making my way up wet, rooty tech climbs…. which one on the back?

chiefgrooveguru

I haven’t ridden the HR2 but the centre blocks are much more ramped than on the DHR2, so unless you run it backwards the DHR2 should definitely have the advantage.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

HR2 is really shit as a rear tyre on greasy climbs.

FactoryPhil

Currently have a hr2 on the rear.
    Don’t rate it for climbing because of the ramps as mentioned above.
    Go for the minion…

Phil

deadkenny
    Free Member

I never have an issue with the HR2 on climbs. I’ve not tried DHR2.

I find it’s much more about technique than the shape of the knobbles. I’m on a fairly worn Ardent on my hard tail but still storming up technical greasy climbs, while some I’m riding with keep slipping on those greasy roots with their wet/mud tyres (though I do wonder if them being clipped in is part of the problem. In some ways, too much power over the roots and the wheel spins instead of grips).

chiefgrooveguru

Are you running that Ardent at about 5psi?!!

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Currently running a DHR2 29 on the rear. Changed from a purgatory. With a Magic Mary up front its been bloody brilliant. Amazing traction and breaking

milky1980
    Free Member

Currently got a DHRII 60A Exo on the back of the bike and it climbs better, rolls faster and brakes better than the HRII 3C Exo I had on there before. Paired with a Shorty 3c Exo up front it’s unstoppable in the current gloop! Was great with the HRII up front in the summer too.

stevied
    Free Member

DHR2 for me. Much better as a rear tyre than the HR2 in the wet.

northernmatt

I had a DHR on the back to replace and old HR (note not 2 for either) and the DHR was noticeable better. It was even more berttererer when I inadvertently put it on backwards after a flat. Square edges just hooked up on everything, wore out fairly quick though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Climbing traction… Dhr2 or Hr2?’ is closed to new replies.