Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Sitting in a&e :-(
  • ferrals
    Free Member

Feeling like a real idiot. Riding cx bike doing some practise for racing on the w/e. Went over a little rise not realising it had a vert drop on the other side. Head over heels, landed on head, spine painful, got worse driving myself there. Doubt I’ll be racing this w/e now. Just hoping no real damage. Not sure which is worse, the pain or the bollocking my wife is going to give me 🙁

willard

Ouch! Bad luck, but hope there’s nothing seriously wrong.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Hope your feeling better soon dude. As a note for future ref always check first before going airborne haha

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Nasty, healing vibes to you 😕

matt_outandabout

Heal quick! Virtual hug?

sofabear
    Free Member

Ouch, sounds nasty but could have been a lot worse I suppose given the fact you were able to drive yourself to A&E. Saying that, your missus might make up for what the drop didn’t do. 😉

gazhurst
    Free Member

Well you’re capable of posting on here so you’re OK really….more importantly, is the bike OK??? 😆

Seriously though, hope you’re OK!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ignore the wife.. Bike Ok?

natrix
    Free Member

How’s the bike???

ferrals
    Free Member

Haha cheers all. Didn’t look at bike really but think it’s ok. Yeah should be ok I hope think its probably whiplash type thing.

aracer
    Free Member

Ouch. Hope it’s not too bad.

Always seems a strange expression. Isn’t that the way round it’s meant to be? Isn’t heels over head more of a problem (by the sounds of things that’s what you did!)?

davidjey
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that Ian. Hope everything checks out OK but even if it does then listen to your body and don’t be tempted to race on Sunday if you’re not fully fit. Hopefully see you there!

ferrals
    Free Member

Valid point aracer. Head over heels would have been fine. Cheers David, I’ll probably come along even if I can’t race – assuming it’s not pissing down

Drac

You got from the point of the accident, to the car then drove to A&E. It’s highly likely you’ll be fine but best of luck anyway.

Trimix
    Free Member

I wouldn’t hang about in A&E, your quite likely to catch some horrible disease.

If you drove there your fine, so drive home and put your feet up 🙂

windyg
    Free Member

Get well soon hope it’s not too bad, how’s the bike?

tang
    Free Member

ouch! heal hup hup hup!

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Not sure which is worse, the pain or the bollocking my wife is going to give me

It could have been worse! Last time I crashed properly there was no way I could have made or back to the car or even driven if I had made it so I had to walk 2 miles to a main road and phone my missus to collect me. So i was in pain & recieved my bollocking on the way to A&E 😆

Kryton57

It could have been worse! Last time I crashed properly…

… I had both arms in a sling and cast respectively. She had to wash me, wipe my arse, open tins of soup and make sandwiches before she went to work.

That was 5 years ago, I’m still reminded of it today…

rOcKeTdOg

The fact you can remember you have a missus is a good sign. All I could remember for about an hour was the name of my ex wife & my old address oops!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Remember driving home after face planting and landing on my wrist with it folded under me… The first time in years I cried in pain.

Heal fast…

mcnultycop

Two trips there this week.

Had the pins out of my elbow after a break last October. The wound has opened twice then, so two trips back in the last week then an afternoon seeing my surgeon in fracture clinic.

If only I’d remembered my elbow pads and not got cocky on trails I think I know!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

why would your mrs give you a bollocking?

ferrals
    Free Member

Because I’m a liability to myself! Thankfully this time with seemingly no harm down, x-Ray of spine looks ok, big box of co-codomol and a warning I’ll be in much more pain tomorrow.

Driving there myself wasn’t the wisest thing I’ve done, spine and neck seized up and so junctions were scary!

bigyinn
    Free Member

natrix – Member

How’s the bike???

ferrals – Member

Haha cheers all. Didn’t look at bike really
    Thats a bad crash where you dont check the bike out post stack.

maxtorque

Learn to “send” it next time, can come in handy at times like that!! 😆

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Sitting in a&e :-(’ is closed to new replies.