Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 162 total)
  • CLIC24
  • Harry_the_Spider

Anyone got access to real time results?

Go terrahawk! Go twinklydave!

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Think you’ll find CLIC24 doesn’t quite work like that… there are two blokes with clipboards at the start/finish recording the numbers of riders passing by. Simple as that. Lap-counts (not times) only exist on a sheet of paper at the event.

This is Somerset, after all :O)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ooh in complete contrast to recent conditions it was slippy and mud spattered up there today I felt some pity for the single speeders.

I got a puncture while pottling along and every one of the “racers” asked if I was Ok and I wasn’t even in the event. How nice MTBers are.

sharki
    Free Member

it’s drying out now, wind has dropped off so should be good for the dark laps.
    I’ve a few pics and got run over which resulted in the bike breaking..
    And i was only taking pics.
    Not sure of the present laps etc.
    But loads went home after the hail, etc.
    Scrumpy is almost gone now so will grab a few hrs before heading out for a sunrise ride.

sharki
    Free Member

it’s drying out now, wind has dropped off so should be good for the dark laps.
    I’ve a few pics and got run over which resulted in the bike breaking..
    And i was only taking pics.
    Not sure of the present laps etc.
    But loads went home after the hail, etc.
    Scrumpy is almost gone now so will grab a few hrs before heading out for a sunrise ride.

trio25
    Free Member

Hope they are getting on ok.

Clink

Bit damp here in Street this morning – I don’t envy the riders. Took the kids up for a look yesterday and got caught in the hail 🙁 Nice cake though!

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Weather not great – they had showers and strong winds for *most* of yesterday, but it cleared up nicely in the evening and overnight. Heavy prolonged showers so far this morning, though…

Hats off to every man jack of them, I say.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I’ve just got back, I rode solo did 8 laps yesterday and decided to call it a night at 11pm and get a bit of unplanned kip and resume this morning, low and behold 7am on the dot and all hell is unleashed from the sky, torrential rain gales etc, decided that enough was enough (I couldn’t face cold soggy shoes) and came home, I checked the results on the way out, quite a few of the soloists had quit early on as there were a few 2 and 4 lap counts at 7am this morning.

There seemed to be a lot less people this year, I’d say at lease a third less than last year and coupled with the weather there was a distinct lack of atmosphere, virtually no spectators as well.

Still a great race and thanks to Neil for organising it.

sharki
    Free Member

I’m going through my pics now, Mike i’ve got one of you railing a turn upright 😉

Listing them all by number…….

KINGTUT
    Free Member

LOL, cool I’ll look forward to seeing them!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I really hope Bristol Bike fest will be better.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I really hope Bristol Bike fest will be better.

I’m not going to tempt fate as the Bristol course would be far worse in the wet than the Clic course.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Aye!

Alex

I left about 10am as it’s my daughter’s birthday (oops, top bit of scheduling that). But I was pretty well done then, could have ridden some more, but it was pretty slippy and the Bacon sarnies were calling. Another member of our team did 2 laps during the deluge and came back laughing and very, very muddy.

Course held up well I thought. But it was greasy and you had to treat it with some respect. Had a couple of good early laps, then got very wet mid afternoon, night lap was comedic, went to bed and got out before the big rains started again.

Big tent was good, great food, ace bar, decent bands and a good laugh talking to other riders. Seemed to be lots of more casual riders this year, hope the conditions didn’t put them off, they seemed to be having fun.

Agree it was quite a low key vibe, but weather probably didn’t help. Whatever, the best thing about CLIC is it raises money for a fantastic charity and I reckon I suffered enough for my sponsorship!

I’ll do some pics when I’ve finished eating Birthday cake.

Oh I just cleaned my bike. Guess what, it was raining 😉

iamconfusedagain
    Free Member

That was really good fun it seemed that the trail conditions changed with everlap we did.

Our team managed 25 laps so we are happy. I chose to ride the rigid singlespeed which I found pretty hard work and my hands are still hurting, but am glad I rode it all without pushing except that bloody stream crossing which I gave up attempting.

It seemed a great event despite the weather, even the loos were ok. 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

I have numbers….
    005, 024, 026, 030, 039, 057, 061, o64.
    065, 080×2, 097, 114, 121, 029
    137, 144, 209, 211, 215, 234×2
    235×2, 353, 365, 374, 378, 388, 394
    407, 417, 430, 432, 454, 470,
    476, 498

clubber
    Free Member

Sharki, if it’s possible I’d love to have pics of all the lvis riders for our site.

sharki
    Free Member

I’ll mail them now,

I only managed a few poor shots, that one of mike and a couple of ADH, my session got interupted when i got ran over and Tacho’d someones rear wheel, LOL.

I wasn’t even riding….hee hee, well apart from that cheeky lap 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Did you manage to get his wheel fixed Sharki?

sharki
    Free Member

No! two spokes pulled out the rim…fubared….stoopid mavic blades too.

He had a spare and enjoyed finishing the lap on my SS 😉
    it all went wrong seconds after this…

Alex

That must have been early. I don’t remember it being that dry !

I didn’t take any on the course as I wasn’t prepared to submerge my camera. Few more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexleigh/sets/72157605000084516/with/3538064541/

Last year’s are first up. I just looked at them. And cried 😉

25 laps is a good effort. We didn’t get close to that. But I did clear the stream crossing!

cheers_drive

We were pretty happy with the 25 laps although Bike City and LVIS singlespeeders but that into perspective with theirs performances!
    The weather certainly made it interesting but considering the amount of rain last week as well as during the race I think it held up really well until this morning duluge. I was fortunate that my last lap came up just after it finished and it was great fun / dangerous depending on your perspective sliding down from the transmitters to the crossing.
    Really missed the granny ring on the night laps though.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Great shot Sharki (rider 446)- and apolgies again; my ‘skilz’ aren’t up to much!
    I’ll mail you, if you could forward on the pic it would be appreciated.
    Got 14 laps in, which I’m well pleased with. All packed up ready to go at 9:30; then out come the sun – wet gear back on and managed 2 more sunny but very slippy laps.
    Cheers for letting me finish the lap on your bike.

sharki
    Free Member

Great effort fuzzy….
    And to all those the turned out and did their best, your a credit to the stoopidity of mountain biking….

BTW, fuzzy, more time concentrating on the trail and less time gurning

SweetJumps
    Free Member

I want to know how sharki can sleep in a tent that’s not just broken but almost blown flat by gale force winds and rain?
    Did it have somthing to do with slugwash and his big jar of home brew cider?
    Great weekend; can’t decide if the best lap was the night one when the wind droped and there was no rain or the one when stuck on the top of Blackdown where it rained hail in my face so hard I thought I was being shot.

sharki
    Free Member

I wasn’t sleeping i was w***ing…
    Or

i wasn’t getting up and going out in the weather, flat or not i was cosing and dry…

A half gallon of slugwashes finest apple juice certainly works well as sleeping sauce..

Greet weekend Paul

KINGTUT
    Free Member

16 laps, well done, I feel crappy about only doing 8 but unfortunately at around 11pm I just thought I don’t want to be doing this any more, mindset gone – race over for me, one thing I have learned from my first 24 hour solo is you need a pit bitch, 24 hour soloing is very lonely without support.

Fingers crossed I do better at the Bristol twelve.

Sharki any ideas how ADH got on? he was showing 11 laps at 7am this morning and it appeared he was having a kip.

sharki
    Free Member

I just removed a tick from my upper thigh….

And yes i am nekid whist typing this

I though when i left at about 9.30, he was on 12, so i guess he was out again, lead soloist was on 19 at that point..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

eewww!

ollieT
    Free Member

Great weekend,not as bad as i thought it was going to be but my last couple laps were interesting. Well done to all the solo guys that put in the time. we might have got the most team laps but you guys are the true heros. I dont think i could do it.

Has anybody got any pics of 004 please

Shinythings
    Free Member

That’s it! I’m never going riding in poor or even slightly inclement weather again 😥
    It was slightly slippery underfoot on the SS for sure. First lap on 40psi was not really my best idea!

As usual though, despite the totally S***E weather it was a right good laugh with a good bunch and even enjoyed a lap or two, including a bit of ‘silly’ lap fun with Sharki, who only seems to stay with us when he’s broken something 😉

Well done Neil for getting it all running, I wouldn’t want the job of managing an event, no thank you.

judderman
    Free Member

I’ve got lots of photo’s of you Ollie but not suitable for this website!

sharki
    Free Member

Not 003, but i’ve a few pics where i can’t see the number, if you know what bike or clothes, etc they had on i’ll take a look.
    Just found a blurred but funny one of 163

Shinythings, i’ve always got something broken.

Si
    Free Member

Were you up there with Jim and the Cleavdon lot overnight? Unless another group took a chiminea too…

sharki
    Free Member

I told you i was meeting Jim, got up there sat morn and left this morn.

BTW he’s got yer bag si….

And i’m not free for bivvi till the last weekend in june it seems 🙁

Shinythings
    Free Member

Yeah, he was with us at Base camp central drinking proper Cider and being put in charge of special head height decapitation branches (he’ll explain).

You up for some wild moor fun next wknd Si?

Si
    Free Member

Possibly – other option to try them kayaks out too Jim. I bailed on today as it was pissing it down and couldnt face a gale on the moor. Got to the A38 and turned back to watch the DH live instead.

sharki
    Free Member

Oh yes the curse of the dreaded low tree….

Just prior to the stream crossing there was low leafy branches, very shortly followed by a substantial tree limb at head height(on a bike) I was at the crossing taking pics, after watching one rider duck under the trees and stop on the edge of the gully, off balance leaning the wrong way…and down he went a good 8ft down…he seemed ok and with a small of puffing and ‘swearing he rode off.

Then i witnessed several riders head butting the tree, this was due to two factors, sunglasses and the low leafy branches obscuring their view of the big lump of wood lurking beyond…..

So when the good scout shinythings came by i grabbed his tool and began a little gardening, and tying back of tree bits, team fuzzy felt called by and assisted me, (only to run me over an hr later).

Hopefully everyone saw the tree after that and missed it…..

GaryLake
    Free Member

Oh well done sharki! I wonder who’d pruned the thing!

As mentioned, I was in the cheesy riders, we managed 6th place (sorry it’s not a race of course) with 25 laps – we were naturally chuffed with that and I think it was just down to always making sure we put a rider out there regardless of the weather.

That weekend was something else and I’m wrecked! Did the whole thing on high rollers which I’m going claim as good bike handling skills on my part – what a nightmare, I did the last lap for our team and it was easily the scariest thing I’d ever done and somehow brung it home still within the hour!

Great event, so well organised given the conditions and great vibe! No aggresive overtakers and I hope my own calls to pass were polite enough…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘CLIC24’ is closed to new replies.