Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Classified time wasters
  • mike23
    Free Member

only on hear do you get people that ask a load of question that are in the description any way ask for loads of random photos want items for noting then only to say sorry ill pass any one else find this

Drac

Have you tried giving more in depth description with photos too rather just a few words?

Oh and welcome to the forum nice of you to join us.

br
    Free Member

if your advert was anything like your post, they probably were after clarification…

ton

😆

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I scoured the classified adds, see something I like, enquire etc. whilst waiting the response, I will dig a little more, see if you’ve just bought it, (alarm bells), are an habitual buyer seller (quiet alarm bells) , take part in the forum or not (alarm bells)

You get the picture, I guess I’m not alone.

mike23
    Free Member

🙄 🙄 🙄

Drac

Legoman
    Free Member

only on hear do you get people that ask a load of question that are in the description any way ask for loads of random photos want items for noting then only to say sorry ill pass any one else find this

Are you even vaguely aware of the concept of punctuation?

Ps why not just post pics in the first place?

Nipper99
    Free Member

im glad you think it funny ton as you appear to drop into that catagory

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Mike23 – you sound like the other cycle shop owners in here that don’t like their customers.

Why have a go at your customers too when your abusing the ethos of the classifieds section…

ton

im glad you think it funny ton as you appear to drop into that catagory

nipper90, as in i sell a load or as in i am a time waster?

been on here since it all started, sold more than most, never ever had a bad word against anything i have sold.

Nipper99
    Free Member

go back and check your posts.

ton

nipper99…….i see what you mean, you are sulking cos i wouldnt swap my jones loops for your luxy,s…….. 😆

Nipper99
    Free Member

not at all, but a reply one way or the other 😀

mike23
    Free Member

come on lady’s you know im speaking the truth. 😆

ton

are you a teenager? 🙄 @nipper

wordnumb
    Free Member

Ps why not just post pics in the first place?

This.

bol

In all fairness OP, if you don’t like it, you don’t have to use it do you? Stick your stuff on eBay, bikeradar or pinkbike, where you’ll get the respect you deserve.

Pook

Don’t scare him off everyone. We could learn from this rare, captured forum avoidis classufiedus regularis. We don’t get many round these parts

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Post pictures in the ad, it really is simple and I just don’t understand why the hell anyone would do the “picture on request” thing.?
    Price it right.
    Use the forum. As said above if you have history and are s serial poster folks will trust you. I don’t buy from folks who just buy and sell on here. Or very rarely anyway.

bigblackshed

Pook.

We do get a few, normally with a link to their ad on Pinkbike, no photos, no concept of a fathomable description, serial classified only user, and then a big flounce when someone points out the above.

😉

divenwob
    Free Member

Works both ways, 3 times I have agreed to purchase items only to be told that they have been sold “earlier,sorry mate.”

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Tbh if someone asks for more info or more photos it would be nice to get an email response just saying if not interested

cinnamon_girl

A tip I was given was to take lots of detailed pics, to be completely honest about the condition and to reply promptly to any enquiries. One has to work hard to make a sale.

Kuco

I’ve been asked for pics to be sent when i’ve already posted pics of the item for sale on the thread. I just send the same pics.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

with that spelling you’ll never make it here

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’ve been asked for pics to be sent when i’ve already posted pics of the item for sale on the thread. I just send the same pics.

Yup, I’ve had the same. Does the pictures thing baffle people round here.?

Jamie
    Free Member

Probably best if we just email you for pics 8)

cinnamon_girl

There is no need to make nasty comments about a person’s spelling.

bruneep

Jamie
    Free Member

There is no need to make nasty comments about a person’s spelling.

Why not? Thin end of the wedge, CG.

teethgrinder

It all started going downhill when we we stopped from commenting on FS ads where the prices for used parts (regardless of age) is barely £10 off of brand spanking new, especially with the CRC codes flying about.

robdob
    Free Member

It’s all about the advertising revenue for STW though, isn’t it?

Free for sale forum, we can’t be putting people off posting and therefore seeing/clicking the ads can we?

ste_t
    Free Member

Only on here do you get time wasters posting for sale ads and not being arsed posting photos.

If you can’t be bothered to write a proper ad, how can people believe you can be bothered looking after your kit?

Yes OP, I mean you.

sharkbait
    Free Member

TBH I cant stand leaches ‘members’ who are only here to sell stuff – and to then come on here to complain is just taking the pi$$.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So I reckon people get the pics then decide they didn’t waht them, perhaps you could help this process by posting some pics of the kit you are selling.

mike23 – Member
    Good condition nice and straight with centrelock rotors £70

Not exactly a detailed description is it, maybe some other info like the age, use, size of the rotors etc.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not exactly a detailed description is it, maybe some other info like the age, use, size of the rotors etc.

Stop wasting the OP’s time, Mike. Are you going to buy them or not?!?!?!?!

RoganJosh
    Free Member

So 650

theotherjonv

I do get a bit annoyed when people post a wtd ad, you make the effort to respond, post or email pics, etc, and then you don’t even get the courtesy of a ‘no thanks’

chainslapp
    Free Member

I was one of the people who contacted you recently about the 29er wheels you have for sale. All I asked for was basic info to understand what condition they were in, as the detail in your ad said nothing. As you didn’t want to spend any time answering, you waited to see if anyone would just buy them, which they didn’t. So you obviously replied to my email as I was the only one left who was interested.
    To add insult to injury, you then sent an image of the wheels that showed no detail, just the wheels propped against a wall from a distance. So I checked through your history and find out that the image was from the original sellers post when you had purchased them a short time before.
    If you cant be arsed to answer questions, then put the information in your ad in the first place and save us all the messing about.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Classified time wasters’ is closed to new replies.