Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Classified time wasters
  • footflaps

Honestly, some people, come on here to use the Classifieds for nought, then do nothing but moan all day about it. Don’t know they were born…

njee20
    Free Member

Clearly didn’t enjoy his brief secondment into the forum, and has pissed off back to the classifieds, or hopefully, Pink Bike.

richmtb

OP creates topic call “Classified Time Wasters”

OH

THE

IRONY

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Meh, the two magic phrases “no time wasters” and “no offers”, what better way to encourage people to buy. From someone else.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I vaguely remember somebody once telling me quite an interesting tale about people in glass houses. I forget the details.

teethgrinder

Probably a shit story, unless there were photos.

brassneck

I was one of the people who contacted you recently about the 29er wheels you have for sale. All I asked for was basic info to understand what condition they were in, as the detail in your ad said nothing. As you didn’t want to spend any time answering, you waited to see if anyone would just buy them, which they didn’t. So you obviously replied to my email as I was the only one left who was interested.
    To add insult to injury, you then sent an image of the wheels that showed no detail, just the wheels propped against a wall from a distance. So I checked through your history and find out that the image was from the original sellers post when you had purchased them a short time before.
    If you cant be arsed to answer questions, then put the information in your ad in the first place and save us all the messing about.

Word.

D0NK

Not sure if I was included in the time wasters but….

for anyone interested these are qr front and rear axles, 180/160 rotors, Mike has only done 100miles on them but they are already second hand so while he says they are good and true but he can’t guarantee how hard a life they have had and he lives down south so unfortunately I can’t have a quick look at them before handing over the readies so on the whole I decided to give them a miss.

HTH with future sales.

Cougar

only on hear do you get people that ask a load of question that are in the description any way ask for loads of random photos want items for noting then only to say sorry ill pass any one else find this

I can only apologise that the free service you’ve used for the last four years no longer measures up to your high standards. Feel free to use any one of the every other sites on the web that evidently don’t suffer from this problem.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    only on hear do you get people that ask a load of question that are in the description any way ask for loads of random photos want items for noting then only to say sorry ill pass any one else find this
    I can only apologise that the free service you’ve used for the last four years no longer measures up to your high standards. Feel free to use any one of the every other sites on the web that evidently don’t suffer from this problem.

😆

rOcKeTdOg

It all started going downhill when we we stopped from commenting on FS ads where the prices for used parts (regardless of age) is barely £10 off of brand spanking new, especially with the CRC codes flying about.

I saw one today where I’d seen the item brand new with warranty for less than the seller was asking for 2nd hand, it was hard not to post a link on the ad. Hope no one was suckered into that

mike23
    Free Member

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ladys ladys 🙂

marcus7
    Free Member

Ahh the Edinburgh defence…. 😆

Dobbo

Bikeradar have it right, must have pics, must have price. Advert removed if either are missing.

ste_t
    Free Member

Isn’t it ‘ladies ladies?’

So troll is also illiterate aswell as unfunny.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

So genuine question to the OP, why don’t you post pictures in your adverts.? Not taking the piddle I’m genuinely interested.

MussEd
    Free Member

Being honest posting pictures on here is a convoluted PITA…going thorough photo hosting sites so you get a URL etc is one thing, but I only use Flickr and they’ve updated their app so getting URL is impossible from mobile devices(unless anyone can show me how)…just sayin*..I hardly ever use my main PC hence my latest ad has no pics…

*just saying – in no way defending Miss Pissy Pants OP up there…

Drac

Imgur.com makes it easy even on a mobile.

d45yth
    Free Member

MussEd – Just open Flickr in a browser instead of using the app. Often selecting the image, then opening it in a new tab is the easiest way to get a usable Url.

bigblackshed

Photobucket. Even I can manage it.

MussEd
    Free Member

Tried it in a browser without success. Can’t be bothered opening yet another online image account tbh, just need to get my finger out and get on the PC…

cinnamon_girl

You also need to remember that at some point in the future you may have another item or two to sell. People on here remember those sellers who’ve described goods honestly and have been good to deal with.

Basically treat people in the manner that you’d like to be treated. 🙂

Drac

Can’t be bothered opening yet another online image account tbh, just need to get my finger out and get on the PC…

You don’t need to with imgur

MussEd
    Free Member

I’ll try imgur in the morning Drac, cheers!

teethgrinder

Looks like there’s more than the OP who needs to use Imgur if the FS section is owt to go by.

Drac

No problem it’s what I use for a quick and easy way to host, should be an app for most smartphones.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve had plenty of time wasters when advertising items. The items I’ve listed have always been with pictures of the items which I’ve taken time to clean and check the condition so I can give an accurate description of the goods and highlight any damage.
    Still you’ll get people asking for more pictures or question that you have already answered in the description. After many emails and additional pictures they offer half of what you’ve advertised it for then they get offended when you tell them no. I don’t mind the cheeky offers as they are straight forward and upfront with it without wasting so much of your time before doing so.

pondo

Welcome to the world of retail.

craig5

Yep I’m with craigxxl. Had a go at letting go of some pikes and crank mallets on here, just messaged peeps in the wanted forum WHO wanted said items. I was offered sweet FA or offered swapsies for total crap. Sold both on eBay for considerably more than what I was asking for. Both times I posted photos, mucho plenty too. I you don’t want to pay what somebody is asking, a cheeky offer is ok. But there is a limit. Photos should be compulsory for sales IMO. No photo no ad.

konabunny
    Free Member

not on here but recently elsewhere: “bike in very good condition. frame has crack and can’t be ridden”. wtf?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I saw one today where I’d seen the item brand new with warranty for less than the seller was asking for 2nd hand, it was hard not to post a link on the ad. Hope no one was suckered into that

You know we don’t all trawls chain reaction/german sites etc. sometimes people put a price on relative to what they paid for it. Sometimes thats from a shop. Sometimes thats at full retail so don’t assume it’s somebody trying it on.

I guess people have lots of time to waste checking all the ads againsts all the online shops to be the consumer superheroes of the world.

teethgrinder

On the flipside, whilst the seller has the right to recoup as much of the purchase price as possible, they also have the right to look like they are rip-off merchants.

tinybits
    Free Member

You know we don’t all trawls chain reaction/german sites etc. sometimes people put a price on relative to what they paid for it. Sometimes thats from a shop. Sometimes thats at full retail so don’t assume it’s somebody trying it on.

I guess people have lots of time to waste checking all the ads againsts all the online shops to be the consumer superheroes of the world.

Yep, I’ve certainly done this. Bought some clothing after I forgot it at Skyline cycles, Afan, and tried to flog it after the one day I wanted it for. I was a bit shocked to be honest at how much over the odds I’d paid! This was back in the good old days of being flamed for such activities. I’ve still got the clothes…

Cougar

As a buyer, you pay what you’re prepared to pay, no? If you think it’s a fair price then everyone’s happy, and if you can’t be arsed to do basic research to find out what something is selling for elsewhere then that’s your own lookout.

As a seller, if you overprice something, or write an advert that looks like it was written in crayon by a preschooler, you’ve only yourself to blame when it doesn’t sell.

Seems pretty simple to me.

rOcKeTdOg

I guess people have lots of time money to waste by not checking all the ads againsts all the online shops to be the consumer superheroes sensible of the world

FIFY

D0NK

I guess people have lots of time to waste checking all the ads againsts all the online shops to be the consumer superheroes of the world

alternatively people need an item, look online see a price, keep an eye on the classifieds and spot the same item for more than new online. Seen it myself, but as cougar says if a buyer CBA checking prices that’s their look out, immediately reselling classified items with a large mark up should be fair game for criticism tho I reckon.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

The change in the rules re commenting on ads was the moment when I realised STW was not, in the eyes of da management, a community who sometimes tried to look after each other. It was a place where it was ok to come and post dodgy info, with no details and a ridiculous price, and not be laughed at.

However, that is absolutely clear now, it is what it is, and thats Ok, but muppets like the OP who bring their whinges over to other bits of the forum get what they deserve.

Drac

The change in the rules re commenting on ads was the moment when I realised STW was not, in the eyes of da management, a community who sometimes tried to look after each other

The rule was brought in due to a number of complaints from the members of the forum, they were at the worst reports several times a day as people posted useless and unhelpful comments spoiling the community feel as you refer to it. The number of actual ‘you can buy it cheaper at’ were very few. One of the reasons items don’t sell is because the price is wrong as people realise they can get them elsewhere for not much more.

The biggest reason they don’t sell is crap descriptions and lack of info.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

differing perceptions, and perhaps you get, like the police, mainly to see the times when things go wrong. The paypal gift warning was at least something good.

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Classified time wasters’ is closed to new replies.