Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Clare Balding
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

Clare Balding gets on my man tits. yes, I know that's pretty random, there are other evil people in the world that deserve my abject vehemence, But Clare Balding really does my head in. I think she is a corporate robot from the BBC effects dept. Shut up Clare.

saleem
    Free Member

Never mind she looks like Gordon Ramsay too

Kevevs
    Free Member

sorry, just had to vent!

does she have a particular talent, what does she do?

saleem
    Free Member

Horses

wee-al
    Free Member

And bikes, caught a bit of her on a Britain by bike programme on BBCFour. I tuned in to see if there was anything interesting on it, turned out she was on it so i quickly tuned out.

rOcKeTdOg

She looks so uncomfortable on that dawes galaxy

flatfish
    Free Member

i was thinking she looks like ray mears

Harry_the_Spider

rOcKeTdOg

I'd rather do Eddie

Naranjada
    Free Member

I for one think she's OK. Her winter Olympics coverage was very good and she seems to be more 'real' than alot of image obsessed TV presenters. There are few enough women in prominent positions in society, yet they make up 50% of us. It seems unkind for her to be judged on her looks.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

…and her manly mannerisms.

She's a monster. End of. If the One show can go to all that effort to get another good looking girl on then surely BBC Sport can do the same and get shot of Balding, Barker etc… (although that little Scottish lass who does the snooker I quite like).

BigDummy
    Free Member

We are mindful of her being an actual lesbian and such, presumably?

rOcKeTdOg

You can be attractive and homosexual though

BermBandit
    Free Member

Comfortable shoes!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So you are judging Balding on her looks not on her skills or knowledge.

MSP

She has no skills or knowledge.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Nah, I'm judging her on being a hypocritical superficially obsessed **** based on her interview with that winning jockey where she said to him that he'd be able to buy some nicer teeth now.
    🙂

cb

She is more knowledgeable and deserving of a role as a TV sports presenter than many men (as is Gabby!). Problem is, talented presenters then turn up on a variety of programmes and viewers get bored of them…

DezB
    Free Member

Wiki: In 1989 and 1990, she was a leading amateur flat jockey and Champion Lady Rider in 1990

Which is more than I've ever achieved in sports. Ugly bint though.

pedalhead
    Free Member

No idea why she's fronting a series on bicycle touring. Clearly, she is virtually unable to actually ride a bicycle, let alone make any swift or graceful progress.

StirlingCrispin

The program is Railway Walks crossed with Coast.
    Anyone could present that – and that's the problem here.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Yup, its a fair point, I am in fact that shallow!

In a visual and notouriously lightweight medium I think I might be forgiven for wanting bubble gum for my eyes surely??

Now that Gabby Pppppppppppppppppphooaw….. if it weren't for that fact that she married William Wallace I'd ……(fill in your own disgraceful ephitet)……

MSP

Gabby Logan would be a much better presenter than CB for a lot of sports, she seems genuinly enthusiastic and knowledgable. CB should just stick to the horses if thats what she knows, she seems to have little knowledge of anything else.
    The whole presenting line up for the winter olympics was a disaster IMO, a complete lack of knowledge and very little enthusiasm for the sports themselves, only ever getting excited about British performers rather than apreaciating the best performers. The poor Canadian girl who was brought in as an expert must have wondered what the fork was going on.

surfer
    Free Member

There are few enough women in prominent positions in society, yet they make up 50% of us. It seems unkind for her to be judged on her looks.

I agree. My problem is however that she is on almost everything, why not give more women the opportunity to present instead of the BBC having seemingly found a presenter they like and putting her on the TV/Radio at every opportunity. Commenting on things she clearly knows nothing about.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Yep. I don't have a problem with it either.

mt
    Free Member

Clare is a presenting god compared to almost all the mail sports presenters on tv. She is also very good on the radio 4 programmes that she presents. What she looks like is unimportant, unless your view of presenters is how hard your rod gets.

loddrik
    Free Member

She irritated me until the cancer thing. Now I have the utmost respect for her!

Kate Humble on the other hand – 😕

rootes1

I tuned in to see if there was anything interesting on it, turned out she was on it so i quickly tuned out.

two cycling programmes after were good though

tiger_roach
    Free Member

…the mail sports presenters on tv

tee hee…

I think she is a good presenter but no idea why she's doing that cycle touring show as she doesn't seem to belong on one and every time she gets to a hill starts moaning – much as I do to be fair….

So who would be better? Peter Snow maybe?

molgrips
    Free Member

Plenty of idiot male sports presenters on telly that are just as annoying.

Btw the jockey/teeth thing she admitted as a horrible gaffe. Since having your teeth bashed in is a common occupational hazard for jockeys, she assumed that the guy's mangled gob was a badge of honour for his sport. It wasn't, those are just his natural teeth. I think she felt terrible about it afterwards 🙂

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Somebody like Mark Lawrenson is equally as bad and if someone was to say he was useless and annoying then people wouldnt try and defend him on the basis of him being an ugly bastard and that criticism of him is because he is an ugly bastard and not eye candy. So Balding being an ugly lesbian is immaterial to how useless and annoying she is.

Only sports presenter i find more annoying than Balding is John Inverdale…that bastard got bbc lawyers to threaten libel action against me for a comment i posted about him on an internet forum 😀

MSP

So who would be better? Peter Snow maybe?

Nick Crane!

tiger_roach
    Free Member

.that bastard got bbc lawyers to threaten libel action against me for a comment i posted about him on an internet forum

What was the comment?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I overhead him say something on an open mike (live broadcast on the bbc had finished but it was still being broadcast over course radio) and I repeated what he said. Cant go anything further than that!

wwaswas

well, if he said it and it was heard by others then it can't be libel can it?

Unless you commented about what he said as well?

tiger_roach
    Free Member

So he denied he'd said what you heard?

Olly
    Free Member

I find her strangely attractive.
    that is all.
    i shall go now.

wwaswas

I think she does a great job – she did a good Radio4 series recently about the SDW.

I think the thing with being a presenter is that you have to be able to present. There's no point putting someone who knows everythign about a sport/activity in front of a camera if they can't articulate that knowledge in a way that enthuses and engages others.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

He denied it and as no complaints had been made and there was not recording it was basically my word against his. The course radio was not public access but for marshal use and international broadcasters so the audience would be in the 10s rather than 1000s but despite the small audience I know others heard it – i was laughing about what he said with them at the time! I would have been able to get someone to corroborate what i'd heard but like the shitebag i am i figured it was really not worth the hassle particularly with the way libel laws are like in this country so retracted.

toys19
    Free Member

I like her, she is very good, although I don't fancy her. It is allowed to have TV presenters that you do not necessarily fancy. Oh and the Jockeys teeth incident was very funny.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Clare Balding’ is closed to new replies.