Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Claimed light outputs
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

I've just found this on the L&M website, I know it has to be taken with a pinch of salt, but it does make you think.
    http://www.bikelights.com/images/test_data/2009_test_data_summary.pdf

aracer
    Free Member

Well there's a fairly prominent ad in the mag giving the headlines from that (and it does look plausible that they've tested properly from what they're saying). Of course lumens isn't everything – a bare LED with no optic has lots of those – but they do seem to be claiming to do well at focussing too.

Something just doesn't seem right though, as a Betty really shouldn't be that bad relatively.

ojom
    Free Member

I am glad they have done this. Its about time. NiteRider were previously the only manufacturer to test their lights-this should hopefully bring some science and truth to the market.

For too long lights have been sold on how many lumens they have in relation to others with no basis for any claims. We make a real point in the shop about this as we feel it deeply unfair to mislead people into what they are buying.

The point is if lighting was sold on other features like beam pattern etc as the main selling point then fine. But they don't. They pick lumens…

Anyway. Just glad I don't have to keep preaching to anyone who will listen about this topic. Time for bed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Claimed light outputs’ is closed to new replies.