Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cinnamon Girl CD – any views?
  • higgo
    Free Member

I know there are a few Neil Young fans on here. Anyone got/heard this?

Cinnamon Girl

Think I’m going to buy it anyway.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Neil Young fans??! Eh? I don’t think anyone on here could possibly like that album!

What other albums have you got of his? There’s one female user on here that, in particular, has acted as a good guide through his albums for me.

higgo
    Free Member

What other albums have you got of his?

Off the top of my head…
    ~ Weld
    ~ Harvest
    ~ Harvest Moon
    ~ Mirrorball
    ~ Ragged Glory
    ~ Sleeps With Angels
    ~ After The Gold Rush
    ~ Live Rust

(and a few others on vinyl that I haven’t replaced yet)

cinnamon_girl

Morning chaps.

Never heard of any of those females, but then I’m a bit out of touch. 🙄

The thing is with Neil Young is that he has made some truly awful albums, but some gems too. I know a new one is imminent.

I love his stuff with Crazy Horse, just can’t get enough of those geetars 🙂

Have probably around 30 of his albums but, to be honest, I don’t actually listen to them that much these days. There is another man whom I’m in love with. 8)

smudge
    Free Member

For value get ‘Decade’ got most of his quality songs on it. Cortez the killer, Like a hurricane.

‘Weld’ best live album ive got

His new ‘Le Noise’ is nearly back to his best – Peaceful valley boulevard is excellent.

Speshpaul

Neil Young = would be a god if he believed in gods!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

There is another man whom I’m in love with

Unless you’re talking about me, I assume you mean Van Morrison? I sadly still haven’t taken you’re advice and bought that album yet 😳

cinnamon_girl

TSY – Van Morrison will always be my favourite artist/songwriter. Currently still can’t get enough of Joe Bonamassa – I just love him!!

Note to self: a wee delve into NY’s archives is called for.

higgo
    Free Member

Think I’ll take a punt on it anyway.

timdrayton
    Free Member

cg have a listen to this, you might have heard it already, Wilco muzzle of bees.

nice guitaring!

RichardPennell
    Free Member

Er, “On the Beach” is incredible…

cinnamon_girl

Cheers tim, will listen to that a bit later. 8)

Currently listening to Live Rust – stonking stuff. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

I’m sure Kristin Hersh (Throwing Muses, CG?) will make a good job of Like a Hurricaine, but the rest (apart from Tanya D) are rather obscure. Heard of a couple of them.
    Give us a review when you’ve heard it Higgo.

john_drummer
    Free Member

The Mission did a cover of Like A Hurricane. The purists will probably hate it, but here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEMFJyT4ayg

cinnamon_girl

tim – good call! Have a few Wilco albums and do like the way they are continually evolving. Jeff Tweedy writes some interesting lyrics too. 🙂

Now listening to NY’s ‘Rust Never Sleeps’ – it’s definitely NY night in C_G Towers. 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

No thanks J_D, can’t stand that Hussey’s voice.

john_drummer
    Free Member

he’s not a bad guitarist though. Not exactly Santana or one of the exponents of fretboard w*nkery, but not bad 😉

GlitterGary
    Free Member

On the Beach is indeed a great album, up there with Tonight’s the Night as one of my favourite albums ever.

You can’t go wrong, with a bit of Neil Young.

Mountain Biking music.

Also, check ‘Time Fades Away’ if you have a record player, it’s only on vinyl but absolutely brilliant.

chipps

I do love NY’s guitar playing. So wrong and yet so right. It gives me hope in my own playing. I didn’t used to like his voice, but I’ve warmed to him. Don’t think I’ll ever like Geddy Lee though… 🙂

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Neil Young is like Bowie. Very uneven output. Lot of albums with 2-3 classic songs and the rest filler and one or two albums great all the way through. I’d suggest getting his greatest hits album to start with and maybe adding Zuma.

Trampus
    Free Member

Don’t rush to knock Geddy Lee, Chipps!
    He has probably pedalled more than anyone here! 🙂

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Na, Neil Young is nothing like Bowie, Bowie moves with the times and catered to new tastes, Neil does what the hell he wants.

Love Bowie though, The Man Who Sold the World is always on rotation.

Admittedly some of Neil Young’s stuff is an acquired taste. You either get it or you don’t.

Just like mountain bikes.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cinnamon Girl CD – any views?’ is closed to new replies.