Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • chumba hx1?
  • taka
    Free Member

anyone got one as an only bike? what are they like to ride?

Tom

ton

Tom………bloody hell lad, have you been in jail……… 😉

taka
    Free Member

nearly bought a landrover

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the new ones but it’s not my only bike – it’s the only one with suspension on though if that’ll do?

I’ve built it up with talas 36’s, 780mm bars, short stem, full SLX gears and hope x2 brakes as a big 29lb (ish) AM ht build. Having said that I also use it for all day rides in the lakes.

Firstly, it’s big – I’m 6’2 and running a large, ideally I’d like a medium and a half but obviously that ain’t gonna happen. It does have loads of standover though, with the saddle down it’s very chuckable.

Secondly – it’s very compliant for an alu AM ht. My other bike is an 853 steel ht and the hx1 is just as comfy. I did have a mk1 version of the hx1 and despite looking similar the ride is world apart, the new one is much comfier.

Thirdly – it’s really confidence inspiring. Stable as you want but still flickable.

I normally run it at 130mm with 160mm reserved for steep rocky stuff. I reckon 140mm would be fine for everyday. I often have it at 100mm for climbs but tbh it doesn’t wander at 130mm.

Most importantly though the build quality looks fantastic and compares to pretty much anything else I’ve seen. For the price it’s amazing.

Any other questions just ask.

Oh and the mrs has a chameleon which is nothing like as nice and nearly double the cost.

rob2
    Free Member

I have one but its not my only bike. They are very good. Like a chameleon only better imo. More comfy. Excellent finish and pretty light. Can do pretty much anything. Its also a very good climber although the geometry might suggest otherwise.

Its got an EBB so pretty versatile.

At 299 at the moment they are a bargain. Highly rated*

*I don’t work for Si :o)

rob2
    Free Member

lol, snap!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Si would be proud!

atlaz
    Free Member

So is this the start of the bi-weekly taka’s new bike threads?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve just got a HX2 and I’m getting the bits together to build it up, obviously it’s a different beast, but the build quality is excellent, the welding is very neat, the anodised finish is smooth and good all round.

I have a Nicolai to compare it to, and as you know these are exceptionally well made frames, couldn’t be happier with the Chumba, just can’t wait to ride it

taka
    Free Member

atlaz – Member
    So is this the start of the bi-weekly taka’s new bike threads?

nah i am keeping this one

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘chumba hx1?’ is closed to new replies.