Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Chuckable?
  • Obi_Twa
    Free Member

WTF is a chuckable bike when its at home? Is it one that is a bit on the small side that you end up hating so throw it in the skip?

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes that is exactly what it is. Thread closed.

househusband

Slightly smaller, more compact – but not one that you'd want to do long(er) rides on.

It's all very subjective. Like saying you ride 'aggressive XC'…

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Do you mean XXXC?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jay-Core-DH-Traipse-XC-Extreme.

_tom_
    Free Member

One that's easy to move around on/make it go where you want it to – not a gate.

tails
    Free Member

I was firmly in the small chuckable bike gang, until I wanted to cover a few miles then you realise a well designed bike (neatly everything now) is just as chuckable plus you can ride a few miles on it.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Chuckable to me means plenty of standover, good angles and not too long in the wheelbase.

pinches
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Jay-Core-DH-Traipse-XC-Extreme.

there's a guy i work with at cycle surgery who rides traipse-core-DH-lite.

Although, i thought we has invented the term traipsing as a bicycle term for hardcore touring!

andy7t2
    Free Member

wtf is traipsing. chuckable is a pr term so they can charge you more for a bike

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

WTF is "hardcore touring", while we're about it?

I picked up "traipse" from someone over in Bristol the other day! Made me chuckle. He was talking about going for a traipse on his bike after work. 🙂

scaredypants

chuckable is when your steed is more of a rig than a sled

pinches
    Free Member

haha, i have no idea! it's something we completely made up in the shop while describing one of the lads whos into touring and retro MTBs. Drop by the shop, he might even show you his traipser!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Drop by the shop, he might even show you his traipser!

Now there's an offer I've never had before…! 🙂

highclimber
    Free Member

So, A BMX then?

jonb
    Free Member

Hardcore touring is somewhere between road riding and xc, a bit like cyclocross lite but over a longer distance.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Is it the ideal bike for mincing round Glentress?

andy7t2
    Free Member

you see i'm into tcatgniww

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

my commencal furious is the very definition of chuckable.

Short wheel base, short back end, low top tube

bassspine
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member

chuckable is when your steed is more of a rig than a sled

brilliant

yunki
    Free Member

my rides pretty flickable which is nice.. but I don't really get to max it out cos I mostly just ride bimblecore innitbruv

duntmatter
    Free Member

Chuckable.

RustyNissanPrairie

anything with bollock clearance

Bregante

Bimblecore. Hahaha

Bregante

Chuckable: AKA "a bit too small but the next one up was a bit too big/none left in stock and I really wanted this bike even if it doesn't fit me properly and I refuse to accept that fact no matter what anybody else says because I prefer my bikes to not fit me properly" Or something like that 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

That is pretty much exatly why I brought my 456 in a 16 instead of an 18. That and I want to relearn how to jump and lower is better for bailing out.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

{{Apologies to Southern readers on the forum today, and those of a nervous disposition, but this post requires me to type in my God-given, born and bread local accent: "North-Notts-common-as-muck" }}

Traipse

Well, when I were a lad it were a very commonly used term. Well in north Notts (Sutton, Kirkby, Mansfield area) it were anyroad. To "traipse" were to have to go on a journey that were too long and probbly very tedious. But it could be on foot, or in car, or possibly other transport
    For example:

"God, I spent all bluddy afternoon traipsin' around town wi' our Jonny lookin' for some new shoes"

"Me mam wanted us t'come ovver for us tea, but I sez to 'er that I'm not traipsing all the way ovver to Alfreton fer a limp sarnie and a cuppa weak tea"

That's worrit it means to me. 😀

yunki
    Free Member

To "traipse" were to have to go on a journey

whereas a bimble is a conscious decision to go outside and wander about purely for the joy of doing so..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bimble – Well, a bimble is rather more aimless, and certainly pleasureable, yes.

Traipse – Has a definate purpose, but done under some duress, and boring or tedious at the same time.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Traipse – Has a definate purpose, but done under some duress, and boring or tedious at the same time.

Yep, that definition hold good in the Lancashire dictionary too.

Tim
    Free Member

househusband – Member

Slightly smaller, more compact – but not one that you'd want to do long(er) rides on.

It's all very subjective. Like saying you ride 'aggressive XC'…

I see it as a 'bike that actually fits you' 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

chuckable bikes = ones where the owner will in the coming months blame the manuracturer for his seatube parting company from the top tube.

I love people who tell me that I can't possibly ride my 456 as my bars are way to low and its too long ……………

Tim
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

chuckable bikes = ones where the owner will in the coming months blame the manuracturer for his seatube parting company from the top tube.

If your a bit of a mong and run the seatpost too high 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

ever whipped a 40lb DH bike?
    a 22" framed jey boy bike?

how about an 11" framed Dirt bike?

ahhhh, now you get it.

crazy-legs

Also, make a note of the word "bimblecore". I like it, I want to use it more often in conversation.

😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

So much to love in this thread. Well done everybody. 😀

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Chuckable:

yunki
    Free Member

bimblecore = T-shirt design surely?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Chuckable- With that stem??

RealMan
    Free Member

Chuckable.

Uhhh..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Chuckable?’ is closed to new replies.