Viewing 9 posts - 241 through 249 (of 249 total)
  • christian baiting
  • Olly
    Free Member

Can you not? I’ve been firing peas into each other, to try to split them. (I kept losing quarks under the fridge, so had to use something bigger.)

quote of the day, love it. 😀

kennyp
    Free Member

Getting back to the original thread title, is there not something rather sad about posting something titled “Christian baiting”? Had the title been “Quite amusing spoof article” then it would have been fair enough, but desperately hoping to attract the anger of a group that couldn’t care less about you is really rather pitiful. I wonder if the poster would wander about Brixton dressed as a golliwog? Not got the guts probably.

molgrips
    Free Member

The actual article isn’t ridiculing Christians, it’s ridiculing the Christian right – ie those who are trying to stop other people doing stuff that they believe is right.

The mistake is considering Christians as one homogeneous group that all think the same way…

kennyp
    Free Member

Agreed, the article was poking fun (probably justifiably) at the more extreme end of the Christian faith. However I was more trying to make the point that trying to provoke a backlash with a title like “Christian baiting” was rather puerile. Posting a link to the article was fair enough, it was quite funny. However the thread title was a rather sad troll.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Just type “Pat Condell” in on youtube. Hilarious and witty.

The Tyrany of Scripture

rOcKeTdOg

no feet…er…handy

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“I find the business of religion profoundly interesting. But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously” (Adams)

Because it’s incredibly useful, both to individuals and to societies. Choosing religion over atheism/agnosticism might just be the most intelligent decision of your life.

BigJohn

In my last job I spent a lot of time with families of lots of different religions. Sikh, Hindu Muslim, Jew, Zoroastrian, Bhuddist, Jain, Christian.

All of them are fundamentally the same. Its 90% culture & behavoiour, 10% about the god. (or lack of it)

They’ve got things about being nice to each other, forgiveness, obedience
    They’ve got bits about health & safety – don’t eat meat & fish that make you ill in hot climates, like pork & prawns. Don’t shag your sister.

Oddly, it was only Christian houses that didn’t make it clear that they were religious followers.

Oh – and in my experience, the muslims were the most tolerant of the lot. Zoroastrians are the coolest, but you can’t choose to become one.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Don’t shag your sister.

If your John is Big than why not?

Viewing 9 posts - 241 through 249 (of 249 total)

The topic ‘christian baiting’ is closed to new replies.