Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • chris king rear hub servicing?? any advice
  • pan
    Free Member

Right iv got a ck rar hub that has been brilliant but i think i need a service and clean, i have read the guide on the king site allready.

From what i understand give it a good clean and then spray some wd4o and wipe out to get rid of all the water. Then im not sure what to grease/lube up and what with?
    As no where seems to have the ck lube in stock, any advice would be great.

thanks

pete

BigJohn

Tim at Sideways Cycles will sort you out. 01270 883785

titusrider
    Free Member

If you call him do you mind letting me know what the result is, ive always been wary of doing it myself but i sware whenever i give it to a shop they dont know what they are doing and fill it with thick bearing grease

pan
    Free Member

yea no problem titsrider i will let you know, as im gona do mine tonight hopefully, if stripped it down before i just want to know the best lube and where it goes exactley really. I will try to a bit of a guide or something if i get chance.

kinger

I use Finish Line green wet chain lube in mine if I don't have any King lube – just don't use thick grease!

slackman99
    Free Member

Adam at TartyBikes is pretty good at CK servicing as he's been doing it a wee while.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/search.php?category_id=34

Good prices too!

titusrider
    Free Member

any word on this ?? more specifically if im about to start should i believe kinger?!

dn-chevy
    Free Member

if you want the correct lube evolution imports have it in stock .have used finish line dry lube in the past

stevenieve
    Free Member
    titusrider
    Free Member

Help!! the 'very simple' 2 allen key unscrew is absolutly stuck fast, no hope of me budging it without damaging the hub
    what next, bike shop? should i try and loosen the cone first?
    feels like the bearings are binding and its all been done up too tight

sslowpace
    Free Member

titusrider, this usually means the grease on the ringdrive is old and sticky.
    Undo the axel and remove from the hub. When pulling the freewheel out of the hub, rotate it (anticlockwise)to break the lock caused by the old grease.

I've serviced mine loads and never managed to damage it. You can't damage it pulling the freehub out.

HTH

sslowpace
    Free Member

and if you mean the axel wont unscrew from the endcap with 2 allen keys, use a bit more torque.

titusrider
    Free Member

i do mean axel wont unscrew from the endcap and ive alreeady used rediculous torque as in a handlebar on one alen key and the other one bending out of its mounting!
    ive emailed king hope they get back to me

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘chris king rear hub servicing?? any advice’ is closed to new replies.