Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Chris Ashton
  • transapp
    Free Member

Top 14 = no salary cap. You can get a squad that’ll compete on all fronts and not worry that if you go balls out at one competition, you’ll be relegated as you have the squad to compete. Not as much money in the Magners, however no relegation so second string teams often out until the European cup comes around.
    Richie McCaw, now that is a guy I’m astonished doesn’t get pinged more often. That’s where I know I’m not seeing the game the same way a pro / ref is.

Tango-Man
    Free Member

Or go back to league where this sort of behavior seems to be tolerated.

He isn’t good enough to play league, that is why he plays union

duckman

Superb! debate about Tigers cheating? Just as I am reading this Sky show you Murphy taking out the Saints cover off the ball in build up to winning try ….So Tigers cheat and the Irish cheat.Solution? Nuke both Midlands and Ireland from space; Only way to clean up the game.

Frankers
    Free Member

Tigers fan here and was at the game yesterday, couldn’t see what happened directly as was in the Caterpillar stand. We were as sat next to some Saints fans who we had a great laugh with.

Jeremy and Darcy, I think your comments are a bit harsh but I suppose successful teams like Leicester, Saracens & Saints always seems to bring out the petty immature and jealous behaviour of certain people, thankfully though most rugby fans don’t seem to have this negative trait that you two have.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeremy and Darcy, I think your comments are a bit harsh but I suppose successful teams like Leicester, Saracens & Saints always seems to bring out the petty immature and jealous behaviour of certain people, thankfully though most rugby fans don’t seem to have this negative trait that you two have.

Oooh, get you girlfriend! (actually if you’d followed what I was saying closely, then…actually, nah, can’t be bothered.)

As a Munster fan, I have always felt devoid of success. But thanks for your best effort – try harder. 🙂

the Irish cheat

Apparently, only when they play Scotland. A level 3 referee told me that you know…no less. 😉

Only way to clean up the game.

If they nuked anything north of the border, very few in the game would notice. 😛

duckman

If they nuked anything north of the border, very few in the game would notice.

Apart from the Premiership teams that would have more HC points….

Frankers – Member
    Tigers fan here and was at the game yesterday, couldn’t see what happened directly as was in the Caterpillar stand. We were as sat next to some Saints fans who we had a great laugh with.

I like the bit that I highlighted,says it all really.
    BTW You do know Darcy is a Munster Man? Why would he be envious of any of the teams that you mention? 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just to clear up, I can never mention Leicester without calling them cheating bastards. That’s as much a poke at my own bitterness at getting done so stupidly in that final as anything else (let’s call it the Limerick Caveat) 🙂 I can look back and laugh now.

It was TeeJ that picked up that particular ball and ran with it (the cheating bit).

Frankers
    Free Member

BTW You do know Darcy is a Munster Man?

Nope didn’t know he was a Munster fan, and only typed the jealous bit as was just looking to provoke a bit of banter.. 😉

Our local Catholic priest is a Munster fan and I have similar regular discussions with him also

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Aston cited But it looks look Lawes and Murphy get away with it

onehundredthidiot

Far too much Gamesmanship in the game. Hate the blocking and interference plays.
    Seems much more prevalent now than even 15 years ago. Yeah we got a shoeing in a ruck (for being on the wrong side) but everyone seemed to follow the spirit and the word of the law much more.

And i played in the Scottish Borders not known for its sympathetic play.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Hes a proper cock of hensonesque proportions! ;0)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tuilagi and Saints flanker Tom Wood were both sent off for punching. A disciplinary hearing on Tuesday night deemed their red cards to be sufficient punishment

Citing commissioner Mike Rafter issued level one citings – the equivalent of a yellow card – to Leicester duo Geordan Murphy and Horacio Agulla and Northampton lock Courtney Lawes for their roles in the mass brawl.

The players were not required to appear before the disciplinary panel and can continue playing.

MSP

I didn’t actually blame his behaviour on his ex-league history. I was simply stating that perhaps this sort of behaviour seems to be tolerated or even encouraged in this country and Australia. Just read the headlines over the years of league players who seem to get themselves into trouble with drink,drugs,gambling, spousal abuse etc etc.

I can’t think of any other example in sport where this has happened to such a sucsessful and popular coach.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/2359463/St-Helens-sack-Millward-for-gross-misconduct.html

Oxboy
    Free Member

It was TeeJ that picked up that particular ball and ran with it (the cheating bit).

Yes but to be fair to TJ I fed him that hospital ball. Was I cheating in the ruck? Maybe, I am a Leicester man!

😆

Frankers
    Free Member

We saw Coutney Lawes, Ben Foden & Steven Myler in the chippie opposite the ground after the match on Saturday. CL has a real air of arrogance but BF was a top bloke.

Bad sportsmanship and/or cheating goes on in many teams English or not, I don’t have any axe to grind against any particular team but there are certain players that I think are dirty, Courtney Lawes is definitely one of them.

Part of the problem was the situation in last years game with Manu & Ashton, maybe it would have been a good idea that Wayne Barnes didn’t ref this match, as he was to eager to send any players off…. and in my opinion the wrong players.

duckman

TandemJeremy – Member
    I think cheating spoils the game and I don’t like to see it. the sly tugs on the shirt, the blocking the kicking away of the ball and so on.

POSTED 2 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST

Bog off, I played in the championship BECAUSE I could cheat.And for the record, doing any of the above,which I did, NEVER spoilt my enjoyment 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Chris Ashton’ is closed to new replies.