Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Chondromalacia patellae / Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome / anterior patella pain
  • peachos
    Free Member

anybody on here suffered from this at all? i've just self diagnosed my knee pain that i have been experiencing for the last couple of weeks since a big ride i did with my seat too far forward.

just wondering how long i can expect it to take to heal or if there are any magical potions that will get me back on the bike pain free and more quickly???

evilollie
    Free Member

I can't give any advice on recovery times. But a potion that is used by folk I know , to great success is cissus rx. One persons cure is another persons snake oil .

Bulkpowders sell it

docrobster
    Free Member

Quads exercises are needed
    specifically to work your VMOs
    see here
    People don't really believe that cissus stuff works do they?
    bizarre

evilollie
    Free Member

Yeah iv heard loads say it works , I reckon it's a bit placebo myself

I agree re the vmo . I tore my mcl and vmo exercises helped alot

spacecadett
    Free Member

I had this last year. It started in November 08 and I was off the bike until March 09. I could not walk more than 50 metres without acute pain.

I visited a couple of physios before correct diagnosis. Treatment involved lots of stretching and a number of strengthening exercises. My best advice is to see a physio asap and get a professional, tailored solution.

Good luck

scruff
    Free Member

I had severe anterior patella pain and couldn’t ride more than 10 minutes. A very good GP diagnosed it and gave me leg exercises to do. After 4 weeks off the bike doing exercises every day I was good to go. Most GPs wont know this, I changed GPs and went again about another knee pain, he misdiagnosed it, so I visited a recommended physio, who diagnosed it as misaligned hips, he fixed it in 2 £25 visits and it hasn’t occurred again.

Pay up and visit a recommended professional physio, its worth it IMO.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Chondromalacia patellae / Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome / anterior patella pain’ is closed to new replies.