Viewing 3 posts - 321 through 323 (of 323 total)
  • Chinese "Replica" Frames
  • charliedontsurf

shibboleth… These product recalls are part of the US legal system. It only takes one failure for the whole batch to be recalled. They know where they went and even contact specific dealers. I was recently told I sold a recall fork 4 years ago, and have tracked down my customer.

It’s not optional, covering it up is illegal… Probably due to the ford exploding car disgrace you reference.

Specialized recalled everything after less than ten failures. Why so many failed specialized bikes, because there are so many out there.

When can I collect the keys for your house? 😉

The ribbles Planet X etc…. Surely they passed EC failure testing before being sold here? And would be recalled if a fault occurred. So different to rip off cervelos direct from china.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Charlie, the conversation goes a bit further than the “rip off cervelos” you mention (assuming you’re referring to stickered counterfeits). We’re also talking about unbranded but structural rip-offs and “open mould” bikes which are made by the same suppliers as some of the “stickered counterfeits” but are also imported by reputable UK dealers.

And if Spesh recalled after “less than 10 failures”, how come there are so many Roubaixs that snap at the seat-stay Zertz inserts plastered all over the t’interweb, yet Spesh hasn’t recalled them all since 2004?

When can I collect the keys for your house?

We all know that conversation will have taken place… 😉

BenjiM

The ribbles Planet X etc…. Surely they passed EC failure testing before being sold here? And would be recalled if a fault occurred. So different to rip off cervelos direct from china.

You’d think so wouldn’t you. When my mates Ribble forks broke they told him to er, get on his bike. So much concern for the customers re-arranged face!

Viewing 3 posts - 321 through 323 (of 323 total)

The topic ‘Chinese "Replica" Frames’ is closed to new replies.