Viewing 6 posts - 201 through 206 (of 206 total)
  • Chilterns Forum Ride – Sunday 21st June – all welcome
  • r6ymy
    Free Member

The longer loop group (all two of us) covered 46.5k and 1084m of climbing.
    nikc, did you finish off with the Dame Alice descent?
    Nice to meet everyone, after reading all the posts I’m starting to work out who everyone was!
    Ade, was the Preston your design? Let me know if you want to ride around the area again and I’ll bring my singlespeed to keep you company.
    pedalhead, if you want to do a local ride sometime drop me a line, we’re used to starting early to be back before noon. I’ve got two teenage daughters so could probably sort you out with a babysitter too!

nickc

Er, no we…errr…went to the pub 😳

After waiting for a bit, we ended up at Xmas Common, to our surprise we found ourselves outside a very nice pub, it seemed rude not to really…Came down the Pyrton descent

adeward
    Free Member

[iAde, was the Preston your design? Let me know if you want to ride around the area again and I’ll bring my singlespeed to keep you company]

Jon whyte and I worked together from 1997 to 2000 the basic concept was mine but we both did all the detail

i would love to ride the area again,, i think i may try to do the heart foundation ride

pedalhead
    Free Member

pedalhead, if you want to do a local ride sometime drop me a line, we’re used to starting early to be back before noon. I’ve got two teenage daughters so could probably sort you out with a babysitter too!

Superb, thanks mate. I generally get some time every other weekend, so I’ll definitely be in touch, cheers!

DeanoT
    Free Member

/cof/ longer loop – I did 96km on Sunday incl pootling to and from the ride :^)

Nick – ’twas indeed a good pub, you clearly need to adjust your opinion of pork scratchings though!

Ade – you did well despite the wild machine you were riding (yes, and that’s coming from me on a wheeled gasworks)! I think singlespeeds work well around the Chilts; most hills are quick blast, it’s not gnarl enough to warrant big a sproingy bike and they are relatively light for hoiking over stiles (ahem)…

smudge
    Free Member

That Pyrton descent was a great way to end a ride :-)… mind you, held back a little on the corners for the possible walkers!
    The dusty descent mid morning.. gotta go back to do that earlier in the day… Or get a petepoddy bell 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 201 through 206 (of 206 total)

The topic ‘Chilterns Forum Ride – Sunday 21st June – all welcome’ is closed to new replies.