Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 206 total)
  • Chilterns Forum Ride – Sunday 21st June – all welcome
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Ah glad it’s still on, looking forward to this one.

cinnamon_girl

nick – will e-mail you with route. Been a busy weekend with Chilterns recce on Saturday and that Exmoor ride yesterday 🙂

Reckon I said 10.30 am meet for 11.00 pedal.

nickc

Coolio.

cinnamon_girl

Final details

Meet in Watlington village car park (not the hilltop one) at 10.30 am to start riding at 11.00 am. Car park is free! Here’s the link:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=469071&Y=194415&A=Y&Z=110&ax=469071&ay=194415

Route will be around 25 miles at a social pace including two options of shortening the ride. Terrain will be undulating and will include some singletrack, fast loose descents but, you have been warned, some of the tracks are very overgrown! There will be a fair amount of climbing, you can’t avoid it in the Chilterns.

Some local Chiltern riders have very kindly offered to help out and they will be given a copy of the route. Polite request – could they please let themselves be known to me 🙂

During the ride, if anyone wants to cut it short can they please speak to me. I will happily guide you back. Nobody will get left behind.

You will need to bring a picnic and be self-sufficient. There will be lots of photographic opportunities – much prettiness and hundreds of red kites 8)

There is a pub with garden 100 metres before the car park and it would be rude not to sample the beer 😉

Phew! I hope that covers it but do post up if you have any questions. My email is in profile too. Can we have a rollcall now please?

Finally – the smiley-itis virus will be hitting the Chilterns this weekend so please be extra nice to other trail users 😀

HackneyRider
    Free Member

As far as I remember the carpark is very busy but you can always park on the street further up the road I believe.

plus a chippy around the corner…

cinnamon_girl

Waves to HackneyRider – does that mean we will see you and RudeBoy then? 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m still 50/50 on this Elaine…. It depends on how my prep fro the Alps trip on the 23rd are going. Nothing to do with the weather at all. Noooooooo.

Did you order a THT jersey by the way?

cinnamon_girl

Hi Pete. OK, no probs. Not sure if Andy is coming either.

Yep, ordered a jersey – have they arrived yet?

HackneyRider
    Free Member

to be honest I’m not sure – I was thinking doing some bike skills training this weekend plus I’ve just got a new car and I’m not sure RB is allowed in it yet!

Ollie

PePPeR

I’m sorry we won’t be able to make it, as I’d forgotten I have to organise the Farnborough Flier a 12km multi terrain race on this day, its a shame as I’d much rather be riding my bike.

Have a lovely ride, and well done with all your planning cinnamon_girl.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Really sorry to miss it because I’m away on holiday. Hope you have fun.

cinnamon_girl

Ollie – this ride will be more fun! Can you fit a dog guard so RudeBoy won’t be able to get up to any mischief 😉

PePPeR – haven’t heard of the Farnborough flier – what’s that all about then?

buzz – thank you, hope you have a good holiday!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

CG – Yep. Ready for distribution as from now. Roll up, roll up!

HackneyRider
    Free Member

I guess you mean if I get one of these and put RB in the boot…

PePPeR

CG its a multi terrain run 12km in length and with a big hill in the middle.

http://www.idbuilder.co.uk/idbuilder.nsf/ids/0004A562

cinnamon_girl

Ollie – that’s just about perfect, think you can get a doggie seatbelt too 8)

See you both on Sunday then?

PePPeR – thought you meant Farnborough in Hampshire 🙂 Actually that looks a great event, just the sort of thing I used to do years ago.

PP – I checked the forum, will get in touch with MrsP

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’ll definitely be there. I grew up in Watlington so always nice to pay a visit to the old trails.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

CG – If I do come on Sunday I can bring it along for you, but she’ll be dishing them out tonight outside Potters…..

cinnamon_girl

PP – may well drop by Potters tonight then. Thanks.

watly_biker
    Free Member

See you Sunday – I’ll be on a blue Santa Cruz.
    Car park shouldn’t be too bad on a Sunday.
    Happy to help with short cuts and routes as I live in Watlington.
    cheers
    Rachel

cinnamon_girl

pedalhead and watly – looking forward to meeting you both, thanks also for offer to help.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Same here, looking forward to meeting everyone. Weather is looking good for Saturday so far, so hopefully that’ll carry over into Sunday. I’ll be in an MR2 with an orange Turner perched on the back.

cinnamon_girl

Really good news about the weather 🙂

Chilterns is looking glorious and if anyone is into birdies, binoculars could be useful. Last weekend I was watching a pair of red kites telling a buzzard to **** off. Thought there was going to be blood and feathers everywhere 😯

The rollcall continues …

pedalhead
    Free Member

yep those kites are amazing. Massive wingspan when you see them up close.

r6ymy
    Free Member

Hi CG, I’ll be there, unusually late start for me though, normally riding before 9 from Watlington, helps avoid the traffic later in the morning.
    Probably have a couple of friends with me. Happy to help out with guiding if required, send me a copy of the route if you need me to.

adeward
    Free Member

i’ll be there …. single speed whyte preston and the one sneezing a lot as hayfver is not good this week a a a chooo

Mister-P
    Free Member

Watch out for a skinny bearded man on either an Altitude 30 or if I am feeling brave my iO.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Looking more likely I’ll be able to make this CG..!
    🙂

RepacK
    Free Member

Would love to join you CG but Im in California till the end of July (its a hard life 😉 ) – maybe August? Have a good one, hope the trails are nice & dry 4 u!

LordJingles
    Free Member

Hello CG

I’ll be there and am going to do a short ride beforehand so will be setting off from Watlington at 9 to get back to the CP for 1030. Will come and find you when I get back to the CP.

oldgit
    Free Member

Road training in France the weekend, but will make every effort to be there.
    Should be good.

simonb
    Free Member

Hello everyone, sounds good, will be turning up for this. 😀 I also know the area pretty well. Should be fun riding in a largish group!

nre
    Free Member

Hope I might be able to make this, never explored Chilterns before and as it’s only an hour away, I’m very tempted to come down. *Think* I might have a passout sorted, and even though it means recording the British GP, I think the biking has to come first…!

😆

Will confirm passout with SWMBO this eve. Assuming I make it, I’ll be arriving in the silly little red car… 😉

Neil

singletracksurfer

yep I hope to make it – know the area very well myself if it helps at any point.

nre
    Free Member

Passout confirmed, I’ll be there!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Weather forcast is looking good, so I’ll probably be there.
    🙂

I take it some home-made biscuits/cake/flapjack type snacks would be welcome?

😀

pedalhead
    Free Member

Did someone say “flapjack”?! 😀

nre
    Free Member

Yumyum

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have just remembered that it is the Grand Prix this weekend at Silverstone. So driving from Northampton to Oxford on the A43 is not a great idea. Looks like I will be doing a big loop detour to avoid all that lot.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

**** cheek. Is that where I’d have to sit? You’d put me in the back of the motor, like a dog?

Bastards. I bet you’d leave me in there all day, too, whilst youse go off for a nice bikey.

Probbly not even leave a window cracked open, or any water. In the sweltering heat, too.

Utter bastards.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 206 total)

The topic ‘Chilterns Forum Ride – Sunday 21st June – all welcome’ is closed to new replies.