Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Chilterns Challenge (100km)
  • ononeorange

See slimjim – if you don’t sign up we’ll finish it all and you’ll have to go to Planet Cake in Cholsey.

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

Thanks for postin this up… Twodogs and myself have entered this now.. Perfect training day for the transrockies for us and we were getting a bit bored of our usual training routes and were going to do 5-6h in the chilterns anyhow over the w/e, so this fits in perfectly! And with cake! Cheers and see you all on sat…

flybywire
    Free Member

sounds like D-U-G favs some rockcake 😀

rob2
    Free Member

Singletracksurfer – we do know will and Rosie. I’ve worked with Rosie for about 7 years! And will helped to tile the bathroom in the cafe!

We are right in the centre of Cholsey (ox10 9ns) open 9 to 5 but can stay open later for cake action! Do nice milkshakes too and bacon sarnies.

The cafe means I don’t get much chance to get a ride in at the moment so always good to see people who’ve been out! Hope you can pop by, but either way enjoy the ride!

Dickyboy

Managed to press gang a small group of 4 to join up for the day, should be fun 🙂

singletracksurfer

rob2 – it’s a small world. will happily plug your cafe.

nice one Db

flybywire
    Free Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire Close the Didcot, Oxfordshire box
    Sunrise 05:06
    Sunset 21:16
    Very unsettled, with showers or longer periods of rain, with some of the rain heavy. It will also be windy at times.
    Weather Temp.
    Heavy Rain Shower
    17°C 63°F Max. Day West South Westerly14mph 23km/h 93%

change of tyre choice me thinks

singletracksurfer

been out today and it’s bone dry so hopefully the trails will soak up any rain up.
    even got sunburnt today. shame it won’t be as nice on saturday, but it should be ok.
    showers available too. will take the dirt worker too.

frogstomp

Signed up for the 75km.. the Met Office aren’t sounding too hopeful but with a bit of luck it’ll just be showers which shouldn’t affect the running too much after the dry spell we’ve been having..

singletracksurfer

Just finished the signing now. All tingly from clearing stingers and sunburnt! No chance of that tomorrow, but think the trails should be fine as mentioned.

At least their will be less walkers around and hayfever suffers should be ok 🙂

See you tomorrow.

mtbfix

It will be busy out there this weekend. On today’s loop we passed signs for this event, a BHF ride and a duathlon. Up to an inch of rain forecast for tomorrow might make things fun.

singletracksurfer

the BHF ones are mine too (i ran out of mine) 🙂
    and thought the duathlon is on Sunday (could be wrong).

zbonty

Was out earlier too. Followed the signs from Whitchurch to nearish Ipsden, veered off, got lost, found them again and saw them on the run through woods near Checkendon.
    Was spitting rain at 9ish on the way in to Reading so i probably had the last of the dusty trails.
    Be a good ride just not sure if i fancy leaving the house at seven and riding all day in the rain.

br
    Free Member

only light showers (at times) are forecast and the trails are ok now, so shouldn’t be a problem.

Yeah, right…

I’d planned to ride but my better-half informed me that she’d already told me she was ‘horse-ing’ – probably saved me 🙂

Just how slippery/muddy was it?

frogstomp

Just the one shower then.. unfortunately it lasted from about 9am to 2pm, and may have come around for more! 😆

Getting a bit slippery in places, but a great ride.. would have been fantastic in the dry..

Thanks to the organisers..

Dickyboy

Very wet & soggy but a great ride none the less, wish I hadn’t expected to be able to get a brew at the checkpoint though 😆

zbonty

Good ride, pretty big for me. Atleast it only rained for the 1st 85km

singletracksurfer

yeah sorry about the weather, it was about as bad as it could be in the end.
    it did dry up and even got sunny…. once everyone finished 🙁

glad people enjoyed it.

Straightliner

Great course and it would be brilliant in the dry. Today’s ‘showers’ were a little more than that, but the trails held up very well. The only problem seemed to be when the sun did make an appearance, the trails got more sticky, or maybe that was me just being tired for the last 10km or so.

Definitely one for next year and would be good to see more people out enjoying it.

PS. Damn fine cakes at the end too!

ononeorange

Great ride Singletracksurfer, really enjoyed it. Medal to your mum for sitting at the checkpoint all day.

Pah, it barely rained at all – just a light drizzle once or twice(!). We even saw a dry patch of road near the end!

Looking forward to next year, let me know beforehand what I can do with publicity or any other help if I’m around – you have my email address.

Oh yes – ace cakes indeed!

singletracksurfer

thanks for the kind comments everyone, much appreciated, and thanks for coming along.

looking forward to doing the next one (bigger & better). You really must eat more of the snacks at the checkpoint though, you hardly dented it – my kids wet themselves when they saw all the goodies coming home.

slimjim78
    Free Member

gutted I missed this one folks, hope to catch you all at the next one.

if anyone heads out again soon and fancies showing me some of the best trails then drop me a line!

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Chilterns Challenge (100km)’ is closed to new replies.