Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Childs Bike Seat for Small Bike
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

My wife wants a child seat on her bike. Its a 53.5cm Specialized Vita Sport. Because of the sloping top tube and short seat tube I cannot get our Hamex/Halfords Sleepy seat to fit. The bottom of the seat hits the rear wheel.

Any suggestions on what might be a better fit. Ideally we want something that can be switched to my bike in a few seconds. Many thanks.

igm

I “adjusted” a WeeRide to fit my wife’s bike. That said there isn’t a huge amount of room in front of her to get the child seat into.

On a really small frame a stem / steerer mounted seat might be the way to go. YEPP perhaps? They also do a rear adaptor that might fit.

TiRed

Rhode Gear Co Pilot (Taxi) with a Blackburn Rack (included). I used one for our kiddyback tandem and that has a 12″ rear seat tube. Your wife does not ride a 12″ frame 😉 . It really is the only option, I’m afraid, and not a cheap one. You will, however, marvel at the quality.

EDIT: Showing my age – now discontinued, so you’ll want a Topeak Baby Sitter, which is not very different and mounts via a Topeak rear rack. Mount the same rack on your bike and switching is a 5 second job.

sandwicheater

Hamax do adjustment poles that are longer to fit such a situation.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Thanks Sandwicheater I’ve just found it. Also spotted I could get a carrier bracket if we went for the newer seat. Given the rattlling I get from the current seat that is a tempting option!

Not keen on front mounted. In my head this means drivers from behind cannot see I have a child on board. Would avoid ninja kicking the small person in the head trying to get on the bike though!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Childs Bike Seat for Small Bike’ is closed to new replies.