Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Child seats and exploding rear tyres
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I took my daughter out for the first proper run on the child seat today, and we had a lovely time until the rear tyre popped when we were fortunately almost home.

Gave me a fright but she didn't even wake up.

Probably my fault for running my normal low-ish pressure (25-30psi, Mud X with XC tube, Hamax Kiss seat, 22lb daughter). Tyre had a two inch hole above the bead.

Anyway, the purpose of the thread was really to see if others with child seats use dual ply tyres/DH tubes or just higher pressure?

nuke

Doubt it was having the wee one on the back…my son and I did loads of offroad with him in a Hamax and never had a problem.

I blame the tyre…blew one of my older Mud-X tyres last month whilst jra on a fireroad. Tube blow right through the wall.

chappers
    Free Member

No problems here using a Hamax sleepy. Just my normal cross-country tyres with about 40psi.

Edric64
    Free Member

Try pumping your tyres up I never ride with less than 60psi regardless of conditions .That way I don't puncture

nuke

I never ride with less than 60psi regardless of conditions

😯 Really?

chakaping
    Free Member

I blame the tyre…blew one of my older Mud-X tyres last month whilst jra on a fireroad. Tube blow right through the wall.

Sounds just like mine. The extra weight might have hurried it along though.

Going to pump up a bit more and keep the other Mud X off the back next time.

Weather better start looking up now, as I only have one mud tyre left.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Child seats and exploding rear tyres’ is closed to new replies.