Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • child old dropped camera in the stream – what to do?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

my ruddy child managed to take my compact digi cam into the woods and drop the thing into the stream. not total dunking (i don’t think) but def moisture inside and although it still turns on it behaves erratically – turns on and off, no picture then suddenly scrolls through the memory card etc.

is there anything i can do with the cam to help dry it?

as for the child, how long locked in his room for punishment – hours, days, weeks or years?

oink
    Free Member

try just turning it off and letting it dry (with heat if needs be) out properly before turning it on again – usually works with mobile phones

legend
    Free Member

1. DO NOT TURN IT ON!

2. give it some gentle heat for quite a while, until you’re certain it’s dry.

3. Now try turning it on

Onzadog
    Free Member

Turn it off and leave it in a bag of rice. Take the battery and card out first.

As for child, put it to work until damages are paid for.

donsimon
    Free Member

as for the child, how long locked in his room for punishment – hours, days, weeks or years?

I trust you’ve given yourself a long and stern talking to for leaving the camera out in such a place that the child could access it, why should the child be punished for being a child. Have you thought about how you will punish yourself for being stupid?

legend
    Free Member

I trust you’ve given yourself a long and stern talking to for leaving the camera out in such a place that the child could access it, why should the child be punished for being a child. Have you thought about how you will punish yourself for being stupid?

oh dear god

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Punish the child until the camera works!

andy7t2
    Free Member

buy a waterproof camera and leave the kid alone

nickjb
    Free Member

Take the battery and card out, leave it somewhere warm and dry for a couple of days. Should be fine. Don’t rush it.

donsimon
    Free Member

oh dear god

I imagine you’d punish a dog for p*ssing and sh*tting too, no? 🙄

legend
    Free Member

nah, I just wouldn’t preach the bloomin’ obvious

donsimon
    Free Member

Fair enough, not sure if the OP sees it the same way judging by the rant.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo[/video]

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Now, you see some of us are blessed with forward thinking

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-camera-for

😆

Maybe the child does need punishing – we don’t know how old said child is. The kid could have had strict instructions not to touch dads camera, or could have been allowed to borrow it but stay well away from the stream, who knows?

Personally, I don’t feel the need to keep my DSLR out of reach of my 11yr old daughter, as she wouldn’t touch it – if she did, she’d be in trouble, but I know she wouldn’t.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

thanks.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘child old dropped camera in the stream – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.