Viewing 15 posts - 201 through 215 (of 215 total)
  • Child allowance threshold feel done over
  • hora
    Free Member

Live YOUR life but don’t bregudge another person who chooses to work long hours for the rewards they might get. Its their choice. You original post shows you can’t see this.

yunki
    Free Member

hora – not quite mate..

I think you’re a prize tit at the best of times son.. and this is one of them

I just thought he was moaning cos he wasn’t getting his extra few quid that he doesn’t need, and that makes me squirm.. In fact looking back at it he was probably actually just having the same moan as me in a way I spose 😳

peterfile
    Free Member

I see two key themes in this thread:

OP – earns a decent wage and points out oddity in how child benefit is worked out, perceives this as unfair. Misses how this would be interpreted by the High Horse Brigade. OP tops up income with benefits. STW says OP is bad. STW says anyone earning £50k a year and getting benefits is bad.

Yunki – yunki and partner choose to work as little as is feasible to keep family afloat financially (not suggesting for a moment that there’s anything wrong with this, merely pointing out that it’s out of choice). Yunki tops up income with benefits. STW says Yunki’s situation is OK because he’s not rich.

Hmmmm, could it be that the “right” to benefits isn’t as black and white as everyone wants it to be?

I don’t agree that anyone with significant means should be entitled to benefits (I can’t define significant because it’s entirely dependent on lots of factors – ie you’re probably going to be comfortable with a £30k household income for two adults and two kids in gateshead, but not in London).

hora
    Free Member

Yunki. I’ve not descended to your level until this point. Your first post was full of vitorol even though you chose to work less.

I see you’ve edited and tamed your post being rude to me..interesting.

Lifer
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Yunki. I’ve not descended to your level until this point. Your first post was full of vitorol even though you chose to work less.

I see you’ve edited and tamed your post being rude to me..interesting.

😆

hora – Member
    Yunki. I’ve not descended to your level.

On a different level I dread being in your situation. Children seeing their role models like that. I have a fair measure of pity for you x

Good night soft lad.

yunki
    Free Member

Aww.. thanks for concern hora 🙂
    A better role model?
    I don’t understand?
    Work our whole life away, ungodly unsustainable hours to buy shit that we don’t need? Using our vote to line our own pocket? Is that what we hope for?

It’s not what I hope for my own kids

I take child benefit cos I’m entitled to it.. I dunno if I would if I was able to earn a higher wage.. I really don’t know if I would moan about it cos I was just above the threshold..

How am I wrong in that?

Although I’m aware that the OPs point was more to do with the unfair tax bracket separate/joint income nonsense so I’ve gone off on a right tangent clearly..

cinnamon_girl

yunki has stated that he’s happy with his life but it seems hora isn’t happy that yunki is happy. 😐

hora – have a word with yourself.

yunki
    Free Member

thanks CG – I flippin LOVE my life 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

As a fellow stay-at-home dad I suspect Yunki is a great dad and role model. Having time for your kids is perhaps more important than throwing money at them.

cinnamon_girl

yunki – reckon you’re one of the few on here that can say that and genuinely mean it. Your kids are lucky to have you as a Dad, you sound great fun!

Edukator +1

peterfile
    Free Member

Having time for your kids is perhaps more important than throwing money at them.

Being a good parent is the most important thing, and there are plenty of good parents who stay at home, and plenty of good parents who go out to work.

Money only becomes an issue if you choose increasing wealth over your relationship with your kids (I know plenty who do mind you, but at the same time I also know a few stay at home parents who I wouldn’t want as a role model).

Lifer
    Free Member

Oh no, oldschool glitch-bump

Maybe not!

gooner69

Stay at home Dad = Stay at home mum with bigger testes.
    Same thing except the woman is working 30+ hours a week to make it pay.

You are just lucky that it has worked out that way for you. Doesn’t make you a better parent than any stay at home mum imo.

yunki
    Free Member

Definitely not.. hardest job in the world.. I have no idea how single mums/dads stay sane

brakes
    Free Member

I wonder how much of the recently announced unexpected government surplus is from high income families paying back their child allowance?

Viewing 15 posts - 201 through 215 (of 215 total)

The topic ‘Child allowance threshold feel done over’ is closed to new replies.