Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • chew chew chew
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

just bought some new outer and inner cables for my bike and im using a park tools cutter to cut the cables down and instead of cutting them clean off its just chewing them and ruining my cables, it worked fine first time and now ive just used it again and its making a complete mess, what can i do

RobHilton
    Free Member

Cut further down the cable

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Inner or outer?

Brake or gear?

Cutter – nut tight? Faces parallel? Any damage to the faces?

The only time I sometimes get problems, is with brake outer, which gets a bit chewed, you can usually just snip the chewed end bit off and it’s fine.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yeh outer and inner, its literally chewing em up lol

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

In’t right mate, not right at all. Take them back.

CraigW
    Free Member

Tighten up the screw on the cable cutters.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

I normally use a good set of pliers for the inner cables without issue. For the outers i use an old pair of pliers set on the ground then snacked with a hammer…works a treat

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

For the outers i use an old pair of pliers set on the ground then snacked with a hammer…works a treat

I used to smash mine with a sharpened flint, but since buying proper cable cutters, life has been a lot easier.

peachos
    Free Member

For the outers i use an old pair of pliers set on the ground then snacked with a hammer…works a treat

I used to smash mine with a sharpened flint, but since buying proper cable cutters, life has been a lot easier.

i used to use my teeth to break said wire at the desired location

TiRed

Cable cutters sharp/tight? Open the end of the outer and file off burrs to finish.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘chew chew chew’ is closed to new replies.