Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Cheryl Cole
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I must admit to having lots of time for her – quite beautiful and seems very genuine on the telly. And I don't normally go for people off the box at all.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

mimed, very very definately mimed.

Worth noting though that even if your mymeing the mic is still 'on', hence how you can make noises/talk/sing allong to bits of it. Usualy there's a pre agreed signal to the sound desk (mic in other hand, lift finger off mic, grab coat etc) when your about to adlib etc.

Allegedly, the only big band that doesn't myme is Coldplay, smaller bands (and festivals) tend to be less mymed as the sound engineer tends to be from the venue not traveling with the band.

roper
    Free Member

I worked as the sound engineer for a boy band performance a few years ago. Their manager said to cut off all but one mikes at a set part of the intro on a song. I didn't know the song so was concentrating and turned them down on the beat. The problem was they were still gabbling to the crowd and bigging themselves up at the time so not very subtle. Still the crowd seemed to find it funny. 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Allegedly, the only big band that doesn't myme is Coldplay, smaller bands (and festivals) tend to be less mymed as the sound engineer tends to be from the venue not traveling with the band.

Are you suggesting that most live bands mime?

Napalm
    Free Member

Most bands do not mime.

Apart from Sigue Sigue Sputnik; the music carried on and so did the vocals after the band had left the stage following a hail of glasses & bottles when I saw them. Good fun though.

coffeeking
    Free Member

None of the bands I've seen live have mimed. They were mostly bloody awful. With the exception of Green Day and Tenacious D and The Verve, who were absolutely amazing, if a little different to their recorded versions.

john_l
    Free Member

John – she wasn't that bad! See you in Ditchling on Friday's ride?

Hope so. Brendan Benson at the Komedia on Thurs too….

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Cheryl Cole’ is closed to new replies.