Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cheerleaders and lack of coverage
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

why does the olympic coverage avoid showing the cheerleaders?

In the beach volleyball they concentrate the cameras on the seated players, or replays, whenever the cheerleaders are on.

It seems they are all volunteers, have all spent loads of time practicing for the event, and are all conservatively/elegantly dressed compared to the players, even delightfully and fashionably ‘retro’.

Where do these cheerleaders even come from? Apparently some of them are members of the Ascension Eagles, a British charity-slash-cheer-program that has four squads of 16 cheerleaders performing at various events. Others — namely, the ones wearing the adorable swimsuits at all the beach volleyball games — are part of the Crimson Heat cheer squad, tapped by the London organizing committee as the official cheerleaders of the 2012 Games. All of the cheerleaders are participating purely on a volunteer basis.

Gary Ayckbourn, the manger of the team at the volleyball arena, noted his cheerleaders were sleeping in a sports hall camping out, with two mums cooking for the whole team. His Crimson Fire squad has been received enthusiastically by a once-skeptical volleyball association, he says, but there is still no talk of payment. It is one area where the amateur ideal still reigns.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/29/article-2180540-14422CFF000005DC-923_964x652.jpg

donsimon
    Free Member

Pervert. 👿

shifter
    Free Member

That bloke at the front is missing the point, or maybe not…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Pervert.

I don’t think so – the cheerleaders look splendid, elegant and beautiful, whereas the players in their minimal, but officially mandated, outfits often look lewd/crud, exploitative and debasing:

versus

donsimon
    Free Member

*thread reported for too many bottom, F&R, shots.*

zippykona

Stuff the cheer leaders what about the synchronised floor moppers.
    Highlight of the games.

jruk
    Free Member

How are we expected to answer the OPs question with such poor information. We need more photos…

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

That is a fantastic bottom

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

That is a fantastic bottom

it first came to my attention on page 9 of the Sun edition that had the cut-out wiggins sideburns – I don’t normally buy the sun btw.

zippykona

Turner Guy. That’s a valid point.
    How about another picture of a lady bottom in those boy short pants and we can all discuss which is nicer.
    or a girl in a shorty wet suit.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I am all out – I can only offer this:

guide to hand signals used in beach volleyball

and this one, which is even better:

more

cynic-al
    Free Member

tunerguy’s 2nd pic is way more attractive than his first IMO

hels
    Free Member

I have a better question – why do the women have to play in skimpy outfits, while the men wear board shorts and singlets ?? Bit of a double standard if you ask me. Was most disappointed when I switched on the mens beach volleyball. Only the Danish rower guys to keep me happy now.

(and Cheerleaders are tacky, to answer your question)

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

the women have the option to wear lycra longs and tops, if they wish. see matches played later on in the evening.

nbt

the rules on “maximum size” for bikinis were relaxed a couple of seasons ago. I understand many of the players choose to wear them as to be honest they’re more practical in sand

donald
    Free Member

They should have a beach cycling event for the fat-tyre crowd.

maccruiskeen

I have a better question – why do the women have to play in skimpy outfits, while the men wear board shorts and singlets ?? Bit of a double standard if you ask me.

In order to restore the balance the Darts and Crown Green Bowling are going to have compulsory mankinis, although the Dart’s Players union have insisted they keep their socks on.

matt_outandabout

donald – Member

They should have a beach cycling event for the fat-tyre bottom crowd.
    FTFY

nealglover
    Free Member

officially mandated, outfits often look lewd/crud, exploitative and debasing:

They are not “officially mandated” at all (unless you believe the red top rags)

They can wear what they like, they just choose what’s most suitable for the weather.

(long tights and long sleeve tops at night etc)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cheerleaders and lack of coverage’ is closed to new replies.