Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • Check out my new Lamborghini!
  • DezB
    Free Member

Because it’s not clear, by any stretch of the imagination, unless you have preconceived notions and an inability to separate them from reality.

Yeah, but wtf does it matter? You don’t know, he doesn’t know, they don’t know. Thinking you can tell how fast the Lambo is going from a split second of video! Is it just this “programmed to argue” mentality on here?
    Bonkers.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yeah, but wtf does it matter? You don’t know, he doesn’t know, they don’t know. Thinking you can tell how fast the Lambo is going from a split second of video! Is it just this “programmed to argue” mentality on here?
    Bonkers.

You can tell how fast it is going in the video. There’s a fixed time and a fixed distance covered.

But yes, there’s definitely an argumentative mentality on here, it’s why I walked away from this place some time ago – I love a good argument but it’s very hard not to lose half your life arguing if you’re on here.

andytherocketeer

speed isn’t the only indicator of driving with due care and attention
    it got launched a fair way.
    less than 30? dunno, but being technically below the speed limit means bog all if you’re driving like a dick like that driver.
    up to the cops, and the insurance to decide.

legend
    Free Member

it’s why I walked away from this place some time ago

erm, you do realise that you’re still here?

TheBrick
    Free Member

A sports car like that has amazing brakes, even with reaction time and getting air born if he was going 30 mph he took a hell of a way to brake.

coffeeking
    Free Member

erm, you do realise that you’re still here?

You do realise that you can walk away and then return?

DezB
    Free Member

You can tell how fast it is going in the video. There’s a fixed time and a fixed distance covered.
    Really?
    Less than 1 second of video elapsed before you see the bonnet and then it’s hit the Mazda…

You’re not seriously saying you can measure that 😆

DezB
    Free Member

ps. I’m not arguing – just saying you can’t argue!

coffeeking
    Free Member

No I’m looking at the time it takes him to pass the black car on the left. Seeing as he doesn’t seem to hit the brakes for some reason (watch his lights), it’s a reasonable estimation of his speed entering the first frame, give or take.

DezB
    Free Member

Blimey, you are serious,
    Night night

pjm84
    Free Member

Yep it must have been under 40mph. LMAO.

chewkw
    Free Member

nickjb – Member

Mazda at fault. The Lambor has the right of way. Fact!

except it isn’t a Fact! It is incorrect. He had priority. There is quite a difference.

You are now trying very hard to be a bureaucrat by presenting the vague term “priority” with the ease of forgetting the big picture. Make you mind up. Who gets the priority? Car in the main lane or side lane? Let’s see the bureaucratic answer.

As far as I know my Geordie driving instructor always reminded me that car in the main lane get the right of way. Simple. In this case just because someone drives a super fast car does not mean the Mazda could creep into the lane.

Now imagine a 10 tonnes lorry with high seat driving position moving forward at low speed and a small car creeps into the main lane. Bang! You get meat pie. Who’s fault is that? The 10 tonnes or small car? (Check Youtube for 10 tonnes lorry crashing small car). Then replace the small car with cyclist by rerunning the imagination again. Seen watermelon explores? Yes, that’s what it will look like. (Youtube info again)

If your answer is “priority” and the rule is unclear then the small car (Mazda) has just committed suicide by challenging a 10 tonnes lorry (Lambor). The rules are there to keep people safe by being clear, Not let them debate as to whether they should pull out into main lane challenging on-coming traffic because someone says “priority”. (Oh oh dear let’s debate … while the wheels of other car are already inches in front of your face to crush you.)

Bureaucrats eh! The jobworth that creates more pain than good.

🙄

p/s: In other part of the world we use “priority” which means my car is bigger than yours so I will stick my car in front of yours regardless of rules. Or I play chicken (challenge) with you to see who will want hassle from the police, insurance etc …

bomberman
    Free Member

Blimey, what a tit!

If you drive like that in London then eventually it’s going to happen. Not saying the Mazda isn’t at fault but if he hadn’t been driving like a first class cheese he probably could have avoided it.

chewkw
    Free Member

bomberman – Member

Blimey, what a tit!

If you drive like that in London then eventually it’s going to happen. Not saying the Mazda isn’t at fault but if he hadn’t been driving like a first class cheese he probably could have avoided it.

Everyone knows that driving fast or driving without common sense means accident.

Does that mean the Mazda driver can drive as s/he wish because the person is not a tit? Assuming Mazda always pull out that way because s/he is polite does that not make him/her ignoring the basic rules of driving. I see double standard there if Mazda wins the case.

Watch some Russian Youtube accidents and you will be amazed of how accidents happen.

batfink
    Free Member

Love the debate on here as always!

I’m looking at this slightly differently – the video shows that the Mazda was hanging-back behind the centre-line until the lambo was practically on top of him.

If mazda hadn’t seen the lambo at all, he just would have pulled straight out, not hung-back behind the line. (there doesn’t seem like there is anything else in front of the lambo for him to be waiting for)

Similarly, if the Lambo was going so fast that he just “appeared” in the time between the mazda hanging-back and going (less than a second?), the lambo would have gone into orbit after the impact. It actually looked like quite a low speed crash.

I think the mazda is creeping out, the lambo sees him, slows down, thinking “is he coming out”. The mazda sees the lambo, hesitates, thinks: “is he slowing down to let me go?”. Then an typical moment of indecision from both parties, after which they both go at once. Boom.

On that basis – Mazda’s fault.

Now i will turn my attention to figuring-out what happened to that plane.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

could it be that the stealthy lambo was not seen at all by the small car( well due to lack of concentration mainly, and the lambo blending into the background somewhat compared to something really bright. Can happen with darker cars.

TheBrick
    Free Member

April fools viral ad!

chewkw
    Free Member

iamroughrider – Member

could it be that the stealthy lambo was not seen at all by the small car( well due to lack of concentration mainly, and the lambo blending into the background somewhat compared to something really bright) Can happen with darker cars.

Cyclists/bikers are stealthy if the driver does not concentrate well when pulling out … T-bone situation very likely.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

agreed.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

oh well.

nickjb
    Free Member

Make you mind up. Who gets the priority? Car in the main lane or side lane?

I think I made I’d pretty clear the Lambo had priority. You even underlined it. What he didn’t have is right of way. Its disappointing that your instructor taught you this aspect driving incorrectly. Its not bureaucracy its about attitude.

I was on a busy shopping street not long ago. There was a car waiting at a red light on a crossing. The light went green, the car pulled away, then screeched to a halt. There was a little old lady still on the crossing walking very slowly. He acted very much with your right of way attitude, ‘the light is green, I can go’

The clip is too short but from what we can see/hear I am of the opinion the standard of driving from the Lambo driver falls below what is required in that situation. Same goes for the Mazda driver.

thepurist

Can I be the first to blame the owner of the black Renault? If they hadn’t parked opposite a junction the lambo would have slipped through the gap and that would be the end of it.

andyl
    Free Member

Can I be the first to blame the owner of the black Renault?

Decided to check and edit then? 😉 🙂

PS it’s a Nissan

thepurist

Curses! Though my first assumption seemed entirely appropriate and unprejudiced 😉

martinhutch

I think this may have been the clip Ninfan wanted to link of the Aventador driver’s careful and considerate motoring style shortly before the crash. Nice to see him taking it easy.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzfME56-tnU[/video]

Does also beg the question of just how many people spend their days filming supercars in Knightsbridge.

bomberman
    Free Member

Everyone knows that driving fast or driving without common sense means accident.

Chewkw, How often have you driven in London? Do you even own a car? The rules are slightly different in London. I’ve been in more 50/50 situations there than in my entire life up North and yet nobody there goes ballistic and beeps their horn about it. People are resigned to the fact that driving like a cheese won’t get you anywhere, it’s called “give and take”.

Look at the situation in New Delhi in India, do you think the Lambo driver would be able to drive that fast there and not hit someone?

There are places to rev the shit out of a lambo, the track or a mountain road, but if you drive like that in London then it’s only a matter of time. Yes the Mazda was also in the wrong but the Lambo was driving way too fast so he fully deserved it.

gogg
    Free Member

They don’t disintegrate like that in “Fast & Furious” etc.

aracer
    Free Member

Really?
    Less than 1 second of video elapsed before you see the bonnet and then it’s hit the Mazda…

You’re not seriously saying you can measure that [/quote]

No – but you can measure the speed it’s doing after the collision, where it’s clearly still doing >30mph, despite having knocked some of the speed off.

Why do you think he hadn’t hit the brakes? You can’t see the brakelights until after the impact, at which point I think he might have understandably lifted off the brake pedal – if you look at the attitude of the car as it first appears it looks awfully like he’s standing on the brakes (yes I know the front is low, but it seems even lower than normal).

More like 0.25s. Here’s 1.85s in:

here’s 2.1s in:

5m in 0.25s, 20m/s, 72km/h. Most of which is after knocking some speed off in the collision. All of which is after a significant decrease in speed before the Lambo comes into shot (evident from the audio).

For good measure, for those who want a longer time interval, here’s 2.85s in (so 1s after the first still above):

So that’s more than 3 car lengths in 1s (the gap between the parked cars would clearly take another 2 cars), say 16m, hence 58km/h average whilst slowing down significantly.

If I could be bothered I could analyse the audio to work out how much he’d slowed down, but a quick finger in the air estimate suggests >100km/h when you first hear it based on the speeds calculated above.

I’d suggest on the basis of that, whilst the Mazda driver is clearly at fault, so is the Lambo driver (as is also clearly implied by the linked articles). So not a huge insurance problem for the Mazda driver as his insurance will only be paying for the damage to his car.

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Check out my new Lamborghini!’ is closed to new replies.