Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone bought a frame only, directly from commencal?
  • KateD
    Free Member

Hi,

The other half is looking to buy a full sus mtb frame (rear shock not included) directly from commencal, but we can’t find any information on what’s included, in terms of the bolts to attach his shock and whether the rear wheel axle’s included.

We’ve emailed Commencal but had no response. Can anyone shed some light?

hora
    Free Member

I have- a Meta 5 (£310).

Weird. They were hyper-quick with me.

Try:
    Jérôme Dericbourg <jerome.dericbourg@commencal.com>;

and

customerservice@commencal.com

KateD
    Free Member

I’ll try jerome.dericbourg@commencal.com. Thank you!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chip
    Free Member

Slightly off topic,

When buying a brandnew frame do all manufacturers state the warranty is only valid if built by a professional bike mechanic.

I remember reading threads in the past where people were refused replacement frames because of this.

Scamper
    Free Member

If you click on the frame you want, exactly what is included can be found in small print at the bottom. On some the axle is included, not on others. Jerome is usually prompt to reply, but sometimes needs a nudge.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

They’ve been brilliant with me. A guy called Eric. He has sent me touch up paint and a shock guard foc in the last month.

Love my frame and their customer service.

Kuco

Found them very helpful and quick to reply. Though the first order I did with them for a spare rear axle took over a week to arrive but when I ordered a spare mech hanger it was with me within a couple of days.

Scamper
    Free Member

My rear axle took 3 weeks due to being sent to the wrong address (the one with the frame was the wrong type) and that was only as I tracked it down to main postal depot myself and picked it up. Everyone else seemed to have given up on where it had got too.

KateD
    Free Member

After getting in touch with Jerome at Commencal we managed to sort everything really quickly and the frame (SX1) arrived today! It’s currently on display in the lounge and certainly brightens up the room. We were told there wouldn’t be a rear axle or neoprene shock guard so we added one to the order and the bike turned up with the axle and two shock guards! So a bit mis-informed but nether the less a good result 🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The neoprene protectors cost a fortune with shipping, stick it on here or ebay and make yourself a few quid. The 2012 didn’t come with one so plenty of people after one.

Also pics please.

rocketman
    Free Member

Jerome is the man. Really helpful guy & great customer service

lucien

Bought a whole bike direct from them and it was a very good experience, super quick and totally as described (it was one of their ex-demo ones, that they sell mega cheap).

iain1775
    Free Member

KateD
    Get that spare shock guard advertised on http://www.commencalownersclub.com and it will sell in no time
    (Be quick though the sites servers may be getting switched off soon 🙁 )

mssansserif
    Free Member

Works out about £30 for a guard from commencal and most of that is postage. That’s why I made my own. But yea get it sold, easy money

Slogo
    Free Member

Ill give you some £20 for the frame guard.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Scamper on the commencal owners website you mentioned a cable routing Video from commencal, do you have a link?

Cheers

KateD
    Free Member

I think the other half’s going to keep the spare shock guard as a spare but if he changes his mind I’ll let you know! Thanks again for everyone’s help 🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ignore my comment I found the vid on commencal’s Vimeo.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought a frame only, directly from commencal?’ is closed to new replies.