Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cheapo carbon saddles
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

Anyone dared trying out one of the stoopidly cheap carbon saddles available on the bay et al?

I’m thinking of one for my singlespeed MTB; I don’t sit down much, so comfort isn’t a massive priority, but would rather someone else be the guinea pig and let their ass take the shards :mrgreen:

oliverracing

yep – I find it very comfy , but do wear bibs with padding, I’ve done a few 5+ hour days and forgot it was there (always a good sign!), I got one like the one below. One note it that a few friends don’t get on with it and say it’s to sharp – but I have never found this an issue

lunge

I’m tempted by one of these. Oliverracing, did you go direct from Aliexpress or eBay? Any chance of a link?

oliverracing

went direct to Ali express – I didn’t go for the cheapest, I went for the one that shape with the most reviews. I’m pretty sure it was from flyxii shop but they seem to have put their prices up (I paid £18) – quite a few are the same shape (the “san Marco” ones) but can’t find any unbranded ones on my phone

lightman
    Free Member

There are loads on ebay.
    I would recommend getting one with a cut out like this, because I bought the one pictured above and it wasn’t usable because there was no flex in it, so I ended up cutting a hole in it like the saddle I linked too and now it is very comfy, for a carbon saddle anyway!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cheapo carbon saddles’ is closed to new replies.