Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheap Waterproof Cameras
  • Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

My partner’s eldest has 16th Birthday next week and is then off to Cambodia with his school.

Current preferred present idea might be a camera, (still with video preferred to video with frame capture) which is teenager and waterproof.

Any ideas for something under £100? Must have a screen on which to view images if video based ( eg more like a go pro than a contour HD)

ta

thetallpaul
    Free Member

We bought our daughter a Nikon S31 (S33 is the latest model). It’s waterproof and tough enough to withstand an 8yo’s abuse.
    It has a separate button for recording video.
    Both images and video are good quality.
    And her’s is pink. Blue and silver are available.

Edit: Gopro/action cameras produce images that need correcting for ‘fisheye’ to look normal. I still love my hero4 silver though.

iain1775
    Free Member

I got a Ricoh PX a few years ago, its still going strong after several years and trips underwater
    was cheap back then, if its still available I imagine it will be under £100 easily now, looks and works like a normal camera but is completely waterproof
    http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/reviews/compact-cameras/ricoh-px

It was the 2nd Ricoh compact Ive had over the years and both have been superb

nickjb
    Free Member

The sj4000 go pro copy is nice. Well under budget, tough and completely waterproof. Takes decent pictures under water. The unit is nice and compact although that does mean the screen is a little small. There’s a wifi model so you can look at pics on a smart phone.

stumpy01

Not sure if they still do them, but Fuji used to do a fairly decent waterproof range of cameras that started around £80. I think they were the XP range.
    A mate of mine used to work for Fuji so always had demo and sample cameras to fiddle with.

Bez

I like the Pentax ones. Old ones are cheap but quite good; just picked up a W30 on eBay for £16 to replace my W20 which now randomly drains the battery. The lenses are half decent by P&S standards and the image processing is nice and neutral; ISTR I have a W80 briefly and the image quality had gone rather soft by that point.

antigee

Not sure if they still do them, but Fuji used to do a fairly decent waterproof range of cameras that started around £80. I think they were the XP range

XP here think over £100 plus a memory card got for my 15year old daughter and uses it a lot on holiday in the sea and pool comes with a float and tether – left in a swimming pool for a couple of days and though a bit sad after a few days worked fine again – would recommend

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Thanks chaps

dalesjoe
    Free Member

I have one of those Fujifilm XP things too. Used it snorkeling, dropped it while biking. The thing is bomb proof and takes nice photos. We use them offshore, so need to be rugged.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Waterproof Cameras’ is closed to new replies.