Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 321 total)
  • Sod the important stuff, let's have a good old Friday petty irritations thread
  • cheers_drive

If my wife wants me to do something she asks for example ‘do you want to take the bins’, no of course I don’t want to, it’s low down on the list of things I want to do but I will, or even can.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

‘How do I?” or “Where can I?” type posts on here where it would be easier and quicker to simply Google it in the first place.

Mister-P
    Free Member

“You’re not gonna get none”. So I am going to get some? Awesome!

DrJ

People who that things are “all about” something (“all about the bass” etc.) No they friggin aren’t !!

Travelling on the tube – the well of annoyance that never runs dry, with a common theme that people are completely selfish. Just a simple example – standing in front of the door reading a newspaper and not moving when the train stops and the doors open. I have taken to pushing briskly past such persons.

DrJ

If my wife wants me to do something she asks for example ‘do you want to take the bins’, no of course I don’t want to, it’s low down on the list of things I want to do but I will, or even can.

MrsJ – “will you do me a favour . . . . . . . . . . . . . ?”

Well, not without knowing what the **** it is !!!

allthepies
    Free Member

A bridleway I use runs alongside a field. The field contains some horses.
    Someone, I guess the field/horse owner, has put several laminated A4 signs up along the field boundary stating “Horses lose”.

Bit harsh I thought 🙂

jekkyl

People who are clearly racially prejudiced but are never taken to task over it because they’re a nice guy, friend to everyone or might have had some health problems….

Kryton57

Going onward from Jekkyls post; the acceptance in modern society that it’s just wrong to blame someone for being wrong, becuase theres an excuse for them to be wrong, and therefore actually what’s realy wromg is you getting on your high horse about the poor old mite that’s actually wrong.

We live in a blame culture where no one accepts the blame. Weird.

amedias
    Free Member

People who can’t walk in a straight line

otherwise known as a Meanderthal

flyingmonkeycorps

People who stop to have a chat in the middle of the pavement or – even worse – in doorways. The inlaws are buggers for it, I’ve had to gently shuffle them on a number of times.

saynotobasemiles
    Free Member

The walking two or three abreast one. On my walk into University I used to have to stop several times along one road as groups of women would fail to acknowledge that they were taking up the whole path. Never seemed to have issues with groups of blokes. Spacial awareness issues? maybe. Frustrating, definitely.

allthepies
    Free Member

See also supermarket aisles.

deluded
    Free Member

Has anybody in Christendom ever opened a pkt of Weetabix without the flakes spreading to the four corners of the Earth?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Just a simple example – standing in front of the door reading a newspaper and not moving when the train stops and the doors open. I have taken to pushing briskly past such persons.

I love those people who think that they can get onto a train before the people wishing to get off have done so. I’m not a big chap but as the train is slightly higher than the platform all it takes is a little lean forward to show them that they are being foolish.

Everyone is in such a rush these days, and for what?

egb81
    Free Member

Another meanderthal trait is to somehow take up the entire width of a shared path all by themselves. This is a common beef on my commutes.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Professional cooks who can’t reliably poach an egg.

People who won’t step onto the platform to allow people off a packed train.

It’s a drivetrain not a drivechain.

IHN

People who use the word ‘beef’ when they mean ‘complaint’ or ‘problem’.

BoardinBob

British people who refer to the police as “Five Oh”, “Feds” etc

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I have taken to pushing briskly past such persons

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

IHN – Member

Beef rhymes with “grief” originates from your cockerneys, I believe.

warns74
    Free Member

Using your phone in the quiet carriage to talk your friend, in the loudest possible voice about your sexual exploits from the previous evening with the bloke you’ve recently met, then going into great detail about the resulting volume of bodily flui……

[no, I cant even bring myself to repeat it as I may gag again]

drlex
    Free Member

People that talk on their mobile phones on trains. The entire carriage is in silence but some braying peacock thinks the entire train needs to hear every wonderful detail of their life at a volume that even The Who would have considered excessive at their peak.

Using your phone in the quiet carriage to talk your friend, in the loudest possible voice about your sexual exploits from the previous evening with the bloke you’ve recently met, then going into great detail about the resulting volume of bodily flui……

This used to bother me greatly on coach/train journeys. I then bought a jammer from DX…

IHN

IHN – Member

surroundedbyhills – Member

Beef rhymes with “grief” originates from your cockerneys, I believe.

Fair enough; People who don’t wear pearly jackets and eat jellied eels who use the word ‘beef’ when they mean ‘complaint’ or ‘problem’

fuzzhead
    Free Member

People who reverse into parking spaces in car parks. Why? Do you not want to use your boot?!

mattbee

The way my wife prefaces anecdotes from work with “It was so funny…” regardless of the actual chance of the story being amusing.

The fact that the cafe at the bus station still cuts the toast I have with my breakfast into triangles despite me asking pretty much every time for them not to cut it. (So I can make a sandwich with some of the bacon & egg).

The dog pestering me for a walk when I’ve just got home from work & am knackered, then wanting to turn round after a quick wee.

Kryton57

Everyone is in such a rush these days, and for what?

According to the excellent mindfulness book I’m reading, to be unhappy.

My next one:

People who refer to me as “mate” when clearly they aren’t as in “Hello Mate…”

slowoldman

See also supermarket aisles.

…and the tops of escalators.

Oh and people who being a post with “…and”

jimoiseau
    Free Member

People who say “different tact” when they mean “different tack”

Add people who say “mute point” when they mean “moot point” to that list.

When my girlfriend says something along the lines of “can you help me clean the kitchen table?” when she means “can you clean the kitchen table?”

People who say the word question before asking a question, mostly Americans.

wwaswas

“I’m sorry but”

followed by something that they’re clearly not sorry about saying at all.

allthepies
    Free Member

And “Cue” vs “Queue”.

allthepies
    Free Member

“Answer: **** off”

IHN

People who reverse into parking spaces in car parks

People who reverse out of parking spaces/drives into busy streets/carparks where it would be much safer to have reversed in to the space and drive out forwards.

DezB
    Free Member

People who refer to me as “mate” when clearly they aren’t as in “Hello Mate…”

I call everyone mate, mate.

Kryton57

People who reverse into parking spaces in car parks

People who reverse out of parking spaces/drives into busy streets/carparks where it would be much safer to have reversed in to the space and drive out forwards.

Can’t agree, my bike comes out the back.

Jakester
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

“I’m sorry but”

followed by something that they’re clearly not sorry about saying at all.

Im sorry but I thought that was an apology for interjecting, rather than about the point about to be made?

amedias
    Free Member

People who reverse into parking spaces in car parks. Why? Do you not want to use your boot?!

people who don’t understand why you should reverse park unless you have a proper reason not to.

DezB
    Free Member

People who use a 2 word American phrase, when there’s a perfectly adequate single word English equivalent.
    ie. “Heads up” – Warning! you knob.
    and “Reach out” – Contact! you imbicile.

benji
    Free Member

The phrase “See you later”, they won’t, they don’t know where I live and I have no desire to ever see them again, I did appreciate them however going to work and scanning my shopping, and accepting my coupons and payment, but as for seeing me later, wasn’t in my itinerary.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

people who don’t understand why you should reverse park unless you have a proper reason not to

Nah, never a good reason 😉 I have educated my children accordingly

IHN

The way my wife will start talking to me after I’ve left the room, and then accuse me of walking away whilst she was talking to me. No, love, I walked away and then you started talking.

Or talking to me whilst she’s getting stuff out of the fridge in the utility room and I’m in another room, and between us there are two doorways, a noisy boiling kettle and a knackered boiling rattling itself off the wall, and then getting narky when I ask her to repeat what she said because I couldn’t hear it properly. Or getting really narky when I don’t reply because I didn’t hear her at all.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 321 total)

The topic ‘Sod the important stuff, let's have a good old Friday petty irritations thread’ is closed to new replies.