Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • cheap montane waterproofs?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

does anyone know of any websites offering cheap montane deals,
    I fancy a prism jacket and superfly shell..

druidh
    Free Member

Dunno if it’s still the case but I got my Prism direct from Montane. It’s the Limited Edition version (Black/Red) and some of my money went to Mountain Rescue too.

TubsRacing
    Free Member

The flyer I got recently from http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/ had a voucher for 25% off all Montane kit on Sunday 4th Dec only and think they normally have the flyers at the front of the shops.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Field and Trek had a huge sale of montane stuff recently but most of it is gone – £240 jackets at £100, etc.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Thanks chaps I’ll look into those suggestions.

@druidh
    do you like the prism?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’ve got a Prism, although it’s a few years old now and I think the newer ones are tilted more towards insulation than softshell than mine. Anyway, it’s the best bit of kit I own, good for pretty much anything. Recommended.

druidh
    Free Member

Prism is great. I originally bought it as an emergency layer for winter rides as it packs up really small and retains some warmth even when wet. However, it’s become my “go to” jacket for general/casual use too. The only improvement I can think of would be a third(internal) pocket for wallet or whatever.

stevew
    Free Member

My Superfly XT is a few years old now but easily the best jacket I have ever had, fully recommended.

carlphillips
    Free Member

thanks chaps, I’ve had a few montane jackets over the years and they are spot on so will definately stick with the brand, I’m looking at the prism to be a kind of wear everywhere do anything in it jacket with the superfly xt for when things are torrential….
    I’ll have a looksie at the go outdoors flyer as there is an outlet about 30mins drive away from me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘cheap montane waterproofs?’ is closed to new replies.