Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • cheap loft insulation fitting – Nationwide Energy / Mark Group
  • fatmax

Folks
    We’ve had guys round offering to improve the loft insulation in our house. Take the depth from 60mm up to 200mm over the entire 100msq. The quote is £149. Seems cheap enough that it would save me the bother of a weekend day at B&Q / in the loft.
    I haven’t heard of any particular scam, I’m guessing that this low price is a Government scheme to reduce energy/heat loss? Can anyone let me know if this lot are ok / shady?
    Many thanks
    Fraser

project
    Free Member

Tesco, and Band q offer an insulatiOn service, paid for by you, local councils also do as well for free, we recently got free cavity wall insulation, just for living where we do, paid for by the governmnet and done by British GAS.

donsimon
    Free Member

Could be free with British Gas.

albino
    Free Member

We went with Markgroup – very professional, job sorted in half a day, no mess and very polite.
    Like you, I thought the few extra quid was worth it over doing it myself, (and losing a day’s biking!)
    PS – I think the “Free” bit could be done by anyone, I think it just depends on the square meterage of the loft-space IIRC

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

I did my attic a few weeks back, worked in at about £18 to do my full attic with 200mm space blanket ultra over the existing insulation. B&Q were doing triple pack of this for £3 which was 1/3rd of the normal price and subsidised by the enrergy trust (or something similar).

Easily done in a couple of hours, so depending on any deals your local builders merchants are doing you could be paying them £100+ for a couple of hours work.

project
    Free Member

http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/Take-action/Grants-and-discounts-database

Remember the possibilty of falling through the ceiling,and the risks of fibreglass getting into your skin, giving you an allergic reaction, like what i get, its a lot easier to let someone else do the work.

hopefiendboy

^^what project says. fibreglass in skin a pain literally, dont know if inhalation is a risk too.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Also just redone my loft space with the 200mm thick b&q space blanket stuff, so no loose rock wool product to get on your skin

Total cost was about £41

tthew

When I had it done by Mark insulation a few years ago,(they were absolutely fine by the way, I’d use them again) it was only free if you had NO existing insulation. So I spent a day clearing out all the old stuff, was the most horrible DIY job I’ve ever tackled! This may be why some get it free and some have to pay some, but the rules may have changed since then.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘cheap loft insulation fitting – Nationwide Energy / Mark Group’ is closed to new replies.