Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheap Laptop recommendations?
  • SilentSparky
    Free Member

My wife is doing a p/t college course and needs something basic to do her coursework on. It’ll only be used for Word and the internet, any recommendations?

Could also go for a desktop (as long as it’s wireless compatible) as we have a spare monitor, keyboard etc…

I also have an old copy of Office 2003 that I could install assuming it’ll work with whatever the latest operating system is.

ericemel
    Free Member

get the cheapest one on the dell outlet store

flyingmonkeycorps

Whatever you can get that doesn’t have Windows 8 on it would be my suggestion.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Dell outlet

properbikeco
    Free Member

schtrade website

I’d buy either a decent t61 thinkpad, or wait for an elitebook

get a grade b one and a charger for less than 140 smackers, will last longer than a new consumer grade one too!

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Ta, I’ll check out Dell to see what they have. That schtrade website looks good but no operating systems on the B grades

properbikeco
    Free Member

yes but you do get a licence code on the machine, so just find an old disc and you’re in business

mikey74
    Free Member

I would stay away from Dell Inspirons: I bought one and although it runs fine, the screen is pants and the keyboard is rubbish. Oh, and the battery life….

skids
    Free Member

check out saveonlaptops.co.uk they are about the cheapest around and have a large selection, amazon too

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Laptop recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.