Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Cheap I Phone
  • JoeBones
    Free Member

cheap iphone

What do you think of this?

jam-bo

shite.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

looks good – is there a more detaiiled spec? will iphone apps work with it?

JoeBones
    Free Member

I think Jambo has summed it up, shame you have to be an O2 customer to use an iphone GRR

Jamie
    Free Member

JoeBones:

I think Jambo has summed it up, shame you have to be an O2 customer to use an iphone GRR

Not strictly true as you can unlock them.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

What's the problem with going with O2? In this day an age they've scrapped the "free calls to O2, more expensive to other networks" thing nowadays. I'm still umming and aahhing whether to get an i-phone I think I may succumb!

Hairyleggedone
    Free Member

hilarious

tombell1989
    Free Member

Surprised you are even considering it. It isn't anything to do with Apple, apps won't work, build quality will be a cheap knock off and it doesn't have anything like the OS or quality of an iPhone.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

have a read here

stumpyjon

When I got my iPhone I was wary of O2 coverage after being stung by several other networks. Turns out O2 has by far the best coverage in my area, I can now use my phone in the house again.

As for the one linked too, if it's too good to be true…………..

JoeBones
    Free Member

I am in contract with BT Mobile for the next 18 months

racing_ralph
    Free Member

buy an unlocked second hand one

JoeBones
    Free Member

I want the good one

monkeychild
    Free Member

A guy I worked with had one. It is quite a cheeky knock off but it isn't an iphone by any means.

CountZero

O2 are working on upgrading the network too. There's a cell mast just over the road from me, so the signal is first class, except just recently I've been suffering 'no service' problems, not long after a new green box arrived by the mast. The same at work which is served by another mast just up the road. Anyhoo, I was browsing STW this morning, away from my wifi and the service dropped out, then came back briefly with a 3G icon, before dropping out and coming back with an E, so the upgrade is obviously in progress, which is a good thing.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I can't justify spending that much on an iPhone but a mate bought one and I have to say it's a great little toy. Very cool.

MrNutt
    Free Member

apparently they can give you ginger hair?

jond
    Free Member

>build quality will be a cheap knock off

Not necessarily true at all – there's a huge amount of stuff produced in Asia/China that never gets seen over here – aimed at the Asian market – and much of it's well made. A lot of the 'big name' stuff you see is made by contract manufacturers in Asia that you've never of.

>it doesn't have anything like the OS or quality of an iPhone

There'll soon be more Android based devices available, it'll be interesting to see what happens to Apple's market share when they arrive.

BoardinBob

Been with O2 for years now and their coverage has always been great.

And avoid a cheap knock off "iphone". You can get the iphone free on O2 anyway.

JoeBones
    Free Member

Where do you get it free on O2?

Link?

Jamie
    Free Member

I would imagine that is with a very healthy contract.

Edit: Yup.

Free Iphone

£44.05 a month (24 months)

1200 mins 500 texts

GrahamS

Or Also free for £34.26 a month if you are happy with the 8GB 3g one.

AlasdairMc

However, the extra tenner a month works out at £240 over the length of the contract, so you're cheaper just buying it on the £35 contract.

I had to use my Windows Mobile phone yesterday as I didn't want to run the risk of damaging my iPhone, and it just reminded me how excellent the iPhone is.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I'm definately toying with getting a 16g 3g (or whatever the new one is) i phone on the £35 a month contract. I pay about £32 a month now but just for less minutes and calls, but with iphone you got i pod and free internet all in one! I keep trying to convince myself but I don't think I need to anymore.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

they're a great little gadget, had a 16gb 3G for a year and it's sooo much better than the blackberry it replaced. Maps/internet etc is great when you're away from a computer. Not sure a phone that looks like an iphone but doesnt have the functionality is worth 70 quid

Got a 3Gs on order so will see if that is any better, some reviews on youtube show them doing various things side by side, and the 3gs is a lot faster.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Cheap I Phone’ is closed to new replies.