Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cheap coffee grinder recommendations
  • honeybadgerx

Anyone recommend a cheap coffee grinder? In-laws brought us some posh coffee beans back from a trip to Australia but we have nothing to grind them with (other than a pestle and mortar, but I’m not that keen). I doubt very much we’d buy whole beans ourselves so just after something cheap.

Heath Robinson style adaptations of power tools/turbo trainer/caged badgers also welcome.

chewkw
    Free Member

Something like this for £40.

KRUPS GVX2 Expert Coffee Grinder

But not sure how long it will last as it is a very sensitive grinder. Try not to keep adjusting unnecessary once you got the right grind.

buck53

Hario hand grinder is the standard reply to this, I believe.

Haven’t tried one first hand but have heard very good things and will hopefully have one in the next week.

Pestle and mortar won’t work (well), in the same way that blade grinders don’t. Consistency of grind size is key and what you get a good grinder for.

peath
    Free Member

After a bit of research I decided on one of these:

Not got it yet though (it’s being shipped from Japan!!)

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Take them along to your local friendly coffee shop and offer them a quid or two to grind for you. Most decent places that sell beans will have a grinder set up to grind their retail beans.

soops
    Free Member

I have the krups grinder and it works well.

ericemel
    Free Member

I have a KRUPS GVX2 and its great. A Hario hand grinder is a great option too

honeybadgerx

Cheers folks, won’t be resorting to crushing them between two rocks after all.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I have both the Krups and the Hario featured in this thread. The hand grinder wins by a country mile. It does require a bit of effort though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cheap coffee grinder recommendations’ is closed to new replies.