Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Cheap car expensive MOT – what would Hora do?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

SO McMoonter helped me out but I had to go to another tester who failed it on other things.

Anyway the law on MOTless driving is:

MOT. Cars and motorcycles MUST normally pass an MOT test three years from the date of the first registration and every year after that. You MUST NOT drive a motor vehicle without an MOT certificate when it should have one. Exceptionally, you may drive to a pre-arranged test appointment or to a garage for repairs required for the test. Driving an unroadworthy motor vehicle may invalidate your insurance. From November 2012, motor vehicles manufactured before 1960 will be exempted from an MOT requirement, although they can still be submitted for a test voluntarily. Owners are still legally required to ensure their vehicle is safe and roadworthy.
    Law RTA 1988 sects 45, 47, 49 & 53

https://www.gov.uk/rules-drivers-motorcyclists-89-to-102/motor-vehicle-documentation-and-learner-driver-requirements

trail_rat
    Free Member

yep , never disputed that – but what i said still stands , you cannot set off from edinburgh to drive to mcmoonters on the premise that you booked an MOT next door to his.

what did it fail on now then ? or is it passed yet ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I know Terry, I just thought it worth posting form HMG as there are so many different versions of it on the net.

Patch not seam welded (only spot), split ball arm joint covers perforated, and handbrake adjustment/cable seizing. Have bought lifting kit from Hellfrauds to DIY latter 2.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Cheap car expensive MOT – what would Hora do?’ is closed to new replies.