Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheap bearings
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Hub with 61804 (6804) 2Rs bearings seems to have died in very little time. Who’s the cheap on-line bearing supplier people use?

Ta.

trail_rat
    Free Member

get Quality bearings cheaply … do not be tempted to buy cheap bearings ….or they will die quicker than the last ….

Onzadog
    Free Member

I agree totally. I’m just wondering if I can better the INA ones from Hope for £11 a pair. Maybe even move away from INA as they’ve only lasted about ten rides.

izakimak
    Free Member
    falkirk_mark
    Free Member

I got 5 bearings delivered for a tenner off ebay (a place in Aberdeen). Do not know how they will last as I have not fitted them yet, bearings same size as yours

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Maybe even move away from INA as they’ve only lasted about ten rides. “

are you fitting them right or are you pressure washing them ?

I ride in all weathers all the time and i get 6-12 months out of hopes in there pro2s and about 18-24 outa the old Xc and bulbs – i blame the shite sealing in the new pro2 hubs !

coffeeking
    Free Member

I get years from my cart bearings, even cheapo replacements. Assuming you’re not abusing them they should last ages, even cheap replacements, and considering the tiny price when ordering tubes of 5-10, a 20 minute bearing change is nothing once a year if you destroy them that easily. Thing is, even quality bearings are pretty cheap when bought from the right place and in decent quantities. People on ebay lap up bearing kits that you then put together 😀

Onzadog
    Free Member

Normally my bearings do last. I fit them properly, I even have the correct tool rather than a big socket. I don’t jet wash. The only difference over my other hubs is that this one is converted to 20mm.

coatesy
    Free Member

Can’t really blame shite sealing on the front hubs, essentially it’s the same as the earlier ones.Could be ISIS syndrome-larger axle=smaller bearings? Worth prising off the seals before fitting them, and packing them with grease as you’ll find next to sod all in there as standard(high speed bearings-they overheat and destroy themselves with too much grease.)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, cleaned out the old grease and filled with Silkolene RG2 which normally works a treat. Guess I just got an unlucky bearing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheap bearings’ is closed to new replies.