Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cheap Android mobiles – anyone use one?
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

My Windows Mobile has broken and i fancy a change. iPhone too expensive, so looking at PAYG Android phones like the T-mobile Pulse (the Pulse mini looks a bit too fiddly for typing).

Anyone used one?
    Any other 'budget' android phones?

Think i'll buy new given the warranty problems i've had on other electrical gadgets (ipod, TV etc..)

jeffl

Android rocks. Below got a good review. Think I saw the Pulse being offered on some TV shopping chanel. Screen looked small and it was also resistive, meaning you have to presss hard, probably similar to your WinMo device. Make sure you get a capacative (spelling?) screen.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/smartphones/356383/samsung-galaxy-portal-i5700

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Hang fire for a couple of weeks, the pulse is getting phased out and replaced with the "wildfire". Much better phone and up to date version of Android 😉

Admiralable
    Free Member

I'm on my second Android phone. First was the G1 good software phone was slow and stupid though. Now got a Sony Xperia X10. Still not overly impressed though. Camera is good though. Much quicker and software is fantastic now. The only problems I have with this is the touch screen keyboard is too fiddly to use, the earpeice is too quiet and the alarm doesn't work properly. The only problem you might have is the keyboard on screen. See if you can get a second hand G1 or try one for a while.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tried a Pulse. Too slow for me but I liked the concept and may try a Desire.

phead
    Free Member

Pulse works well, but not without a few problems. Its a little old now, and will not go to android 2.2, but 2.1 is okay. Also the camera is rubbish.

On the plus side its a really cheap android phone, mine was about £110(they have a lot of offers on it), and I just topped up £10 for a couple of months to get free web, then spent the topup for 6 months internet, works out as a cheap inet phone without more to pay.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Android mobiles – anyone use one?’ is closed to new replies.